• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Fails to Update PS and AI

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud refuses to update both Photoshop v22.5 and Illustrator v25.41. Error (of course) is the very generic ERROR 403. I have RETRY'd multiple times as explained by Adobe - no luck. I found a past thread regarding an upgrade to the Visual C++ libraries. I update my VC to 2019 (latest version) - no help.

I've tried to look online to see if I can upgrade directly (outside of CC) but it appears that Adobe wants all updates to go through Creative Cloud. Any other ideas out there? I long for the Adobe days when we could update individual apps straight from the source instead of having to go through another application. Anything you can offer would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error403

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following instructions in the link re: log files I am finding no FATAL errors as it suggests in the links. The only error I'm seeing is a proxy error. I have no proxy server onsite so I turned off my firewall completely for DOMAIN/PUBLIC/PRIVATE. Still no success. I added PDAPP.EXE to both INBOUND and OUTBOUND firewall settings - still no success.

Still unable to update PS and AI. All other updates are successful in Creative Cloud. Anything else you can suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafuzzy, I am sorry individual Creative Cloud memberships updates are managed by the Creative Cloud desktop app.  The computer will need access to the servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html to complete the update process.  If this is not possible, then the organization you work for may want to look at a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership, which includes the ability to deploy applications and updates on the local network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Wright -

I'm afraid there must still be something else causing these issues. If I turn off my firewall completely I STILL cannot get the updates to happen. W/O a firewall there should be no port issues or server access issues. There are no exclusions in my router either so there is something other than port/server access issues in play here I would think.

I am of the same mind as Kev Gregory below. Money spent on this product isn't minor - yet we're unable to utilize the product fully because of Adobe's implementation it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafuzzy, is the computer able to reach the servers listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.

If you need assistance with resolving error 403 then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I need you to explain to me why these endpoints wouldn't be accessible if firewall services were turned off completely. And if I turn off my firewall - how would I enable these endpoints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafuzzy, you stated the software firewall was not blocking access. The next step would be to verify that the computer, and the network, are actually able to connect to the servers listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.  Error 403 occurs because the computer is unable to contact one our more of our servers.

As an alternative, you could contact your Internet Service Provider to verify that you are using their recommended settings. A misconfigured domain name server setting, for example, could lead to an inability to access the necessary servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Creative Cloud users assume that there are different servers for each of the applications in Creative Cloud? I'm able to update other applications without issues. It can be a little confusing to users that Adobe would use different update servers for each application. If some of the applications update easily why not host the updates on the same servers? As users Dr. Otto Schmidt and Kev Gregory have offered - the only two apps that won't update are PS and AI. Why host those on separate servers? Why do the other applications update without issue and those two don't?

That said, I'm really not sure how I can check the non-browser based endpoints. And further - I'm wondering why a person would have to check these endpoints when they are just a home-user of the product line. I've checked the URLS in your list that I can using a browser - but the other endpoints can't be checked (unless you can offer me instructions on how to do so). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafuzzy, thanks for your questions. The servers and ports listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html are used for more than just application updates. They are also used to provide access to different servers that are used by different Adobe applications.  The applications may call upon these servers for different functions.

Most home users would not need to review the list of servers at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html because most home networks don't restrict access based on the server address.  Instead, they usually utilize a software firewall installed on each device that may restrict access to which applications can access the Internet.

Rafuzzy, you said you had already ruled out any installed security software, including software firewalls, as blocking access. However, you may want to double-check the listed solutions in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html to verify that they do not fix the error.

To test the servers listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html, you can use a server test from within your web browser.  If you perform a search using your favorite web search engine, you can find several free offerings that will help you confirm that the computer has access to the necessary resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Wright: this now appears to be a moot point since AI updated successfully on 9/4 and PS updated yesterday. From my side - not a thing has changed. In fact, even the machine running the Creative Cloud applications has been restarted for about two weeks or so. It would seem it was something on Adobe's side that was corrected. I would hope that others that were experiencing the same issues have resolved them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great news, Rafuzzy!  You may want to bookmark this discussion in case the computer's inability to contact our servers returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue on my laptop.  Used PS without issue a day ago, now it has been partly upgraded and doesn't show all aspects. 

I've tried updating Creative Cloud, as detailed in the help page, but it's already up to date.

My updates are always Error 403, now have a progrm I'm paying for that I can't use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try updating again as both of my applications (AI and PS) successfully updated within days of each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. Only PS and AI cannot be updated.

Dreamweaver, InDesign, Audition & Incopy were updated, while PS and AI abort with error 403.

When uninstalling PS and AI, they can't be reinstalled either - error 403.

No firewall & no proxy in between. All solutions offered by Adobe do not work....

And we don't have single licenses here but enterprise access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otto, please ask your organization's Creative Cloud administrator for assistance. This Download and Installation forum, where this public forum discussion is currently located, is designed for individual users who have full control of the computer and network they are using the membership on.  We do have a separate Enterprise & Teams forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/ct-p/ct-enterprise-and-teams?page=1&sort=latest_repl... if you wish to post there.

Rafuzzy, are you attempting to install the software on a computer and network you have full control of?  Or are any of the components managed by the organization that manages your e-mail address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'm the admin 🙂 I'll take a look at the Enterprise forum.

Thanks

Jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue was solved for us as well, without us having to make any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines