• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Helper App Preventing Studio Mac Screensaver from launching

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several tests, and accroding to the Activity Monitor,  it seems that the Creative CLoud Helper app is preventing my screensaver from launching on the STudio Mac running Monterery. If I terminate the app in the activity montior, the screenaver activates after the approriate time.  I am not exactly sure what the helper app is and if I can delete–or if this is an known issue (can't find anything about it) I am assuming gthe app is what sits up in teh menu and allows me to open CC on the desktop tpo do updates etc. ANy suggestions for fixing this welcome...

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

I ran a "repair" with the uninstaller and it seems to have corrected the issue for now...  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a "repair" with the uninstaller and it seems to have corrected the issue for now...  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and keeping the thread updated. Give us a shout if you get any other issues.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is back. Accoding to the Activity Monitor, Creative CLoud app is preventing the screenaver from launching. If I quite CC, it loads. If I sart in Safe Mode it loads. But if CC is open in the background, no screensaver. I have to constantly quit to activate the screensaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanciej, sorry you continue to encounter problems.  What screensaver app or service are you attempting to use on macOS 12?  Are you selecting the screensaver using the process listed in https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-screen-saver-preferences-mchlp1227/mac from Desktop & Screen Saver System Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the MAC OS screensaver, and yes, I have verified all the settings. I am still troubleshooting as the issue  seems to change. Now it is not working without CC open. According to the Activity Monitor the only things preventing screesaver at the moment seem to be OS related. powerd, corespeech, kernel_task  So, back to the drawing board again. Previously (earlier today and last night) quitting CC allowed the screensaver to activate. Not this time. It is closed and the issue remains. Back to safe mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which screensaver are you selecting, Nanciej?  Have you added any third-party screensavers to the computer? 

Have you been in contact with Apple about any suggestions they may have on what is blocking this feature of the operating system, Nanciej?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I starting having this same issue. I have no other screensavers installed other than the ones that come with the MAC OS, and I haven't changed any of my screensaver settings in over a year... I just noticed that my screensaver wasn't coming on a couple days ago and ran an activity check and it is saying that Creative Suite isn't allowing my mac to go to sleep. A quick google search has said others are having this issue with Creative Suite— must be a bug somewhere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines