• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud icons not working [MS Visual C++ error]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i click on photoshop of indesign they open fine. however, if I click on prem pro, after effects or pre rush I get nothing. the "open" button highlights but if wont launch the program??  anyone understand whats going on? i have tried installing the apps, installing previous versions but just get the same error. please help 😄

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Cactus Pan, I am very sorry, but reinstalling the Adobe applications will not help. The most recent error indicates the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables have been damaged.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/unable-to-launch-adobe-applications-on-windows---error-vcruntime.html for information on how to repair this damage to the Windows operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

If you're on Windows, try right-click > More > Run as Administrator.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks nancy.  ive tried right clicking everywhere on here but don't get the option to run as admin. and yes, running windows

Screenshot 2021-11-29 231213.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just  tried running it from explorer rather than the cc dialog and got this error. i have tried reinstalling the programs btw. 

Screenshot 2021-11-29 231414.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cactus Pan, I am very sorry, but reinstalling the Adobe applications will not help. The most recent error indicates the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables have been damaged.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/unable-to-launch-adobe-applications-on-windows---error-vc... for information on how to repair this damage to the Windows operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines