• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud install on Win10 via Parallels

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have hit a brick wall trying to install Creative Cloud on my mac running Win10 via parallels.

When I try to run the executable (even when right clicking to "Run as Adminstrator") I get the following error message.

"We've encountered the following issues:

This application cannot be run from a network drive. Please

copy it to a local folder and re-launch it.  (Error Code: 71)"

I don't see any options to download the entire executable.  I've tried downloading from IE, Edge and Chrome.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you saving the installer to your desktop?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I am able to save it the desktop. However, I am still getting the same error.

Best regards,

Katherine Vega

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Shortly after replying to your message I figured it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the download file to the local machine from within the Win10 environment.

This PC

> Select Local Disc (C:)

It should look like this

C:\Users\YourFolder\Desktop

And once you have it saved there double click to RUN.

Best Regards,

Katherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had the same issue in Parallels using Win 10, moving the CreativeCloudSet-Up to C:\Users\YourFolder\Desktop did the trick and got rid of the error code 71 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god this answer was hard to find.

To expand on Katherine's helpful answer - When on the Windows side of my Mac machine (running Parallels), I downloaded Lightroom.  It showed up in the Downloads folder on my Windows platform;  HOWEVER, the path of the downloaded folder showed it was actually on the Mac (Mac\Home\Downloads) and couldn't be accessed by the installer.  I found something last night I can't find again, so if someone could perhaps expand/clarify/correct what I'm saying?  But basically I went to the Mac side and moved the download to a place accessible from Windows and was then able to go back to Windows and install.

Sorry I can't be more clear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank You it worked.  Windows running in paralles on a mac must look like a network to the installer.  It obviously is not.  Any installer shoul dbe able to be scripted and compiled to recognize this.  Adobe shoud fix it on the installer instead of having folks have to search for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe shoud fix it on the installer

You do realize that installing a Windows version on a Mac using an emulator is not by design?

Why don't you tell the emulator vendor to fix their program to make it really act like Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe should fix their terrible installer.  It's the only program that I have ever seen that cannot, for some reason, run or do anything from a network location.  This should not be an issue with software that is written properly.  This issue with Parallels is that it shares your Mac's home folder with the Windows VM and the desktop and downloads folder is actually located at \\Mac\Home\Desktop and \\Mac\Home\Downloads respectively.  That's so you can access files in both OSes.  But this is why copying it to the actual desktop folder or some other location on the actual drive in Windows works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great,thanks for share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.

You are  welcome!

P.S. when using Adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses of Staff/helper, if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great answer,thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of an official source for a Windows CS6 download? I need to move CS6 from my Mac to Parallel Win 10 but cannot find my CD. I got a copy off the internet that runs OK except Adobe does not want to license it using my 100 year old Windows CS6 license key. I wanted to ensure it wasn't the software as oppposed to the key. As old as it is I surprised Adobe even needs to authenticate it. I don't use enough to get a subscription.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!!  Moving the download to the C drive on Parallels has always worked for me in past when I've had to reinstall.  However, with my latest crash I can download onto the Mac side, but then the dowload file TOTALLY DISAPPEARS after installation.  When I use the set up.exe file, it tells me that Outlook needs to be closed (error 131), which IT IS CLOSED.  I hate having to use a Mac.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines