• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't work at all on Windows 11, stuck at taking longer than usual while opening

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Dell XPS 15 (newest model) and it only had the option of Windows 11. I got this computer specifically for work with the Adobe Suite so I'm a little miffed that I can't seem to get any of the apps to work at all.

Whenever I try to download the Creative Cloud app it loads forever, says it's taking longer thna usual, tells me to try a relaunch, and then says there was an error installing and to try again or repair it. I've retried like 10 times, deleting all of the Adobe directories in the C: drive and also uninstalling in the Control Panel but nothing has worked.

Is there a specific download file that functions with the current state of Windows 11? Cause everwhere I look people seem to at least be able to get Creative Cloud working on Windows 11, but I can't seem to at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

it's an adobe/win 11 issue.  and again, the most reliable solution if you have win 11 is:

apply each applicable step (eg, if nothing cc is installed on your computer, you can skip 1 and 2.)

1. uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

2. then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

3. c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the current cc programs are compatible with win 11.  at this point, run each step that you are able:  (ie, if nothing cc is currently installed, working or not, you can skip the first two steps):

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thank you for this. I have been struggling with the exact same thing (new-ish Dell that I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 when it basically "made me.") One question - in step #1 you say to uninstall all apps including preferences with the link. The link gives instruction on how to uninstall in such a fashion using Creative Cloud. That is what is not working. Is there something I need to be mindful of/do in lieu of this?

I appreciate it!

Cheers,

BD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't you use the cc app to uninstall your cc programs?

if it's because the cc app itself will not open, is there an error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - same as the original poster. The CC app gives the "your apps are taking longer than usual to reload..." message that I have seen others having issues with. For the record, I have restarted the app/computer, uninstalled using the Adobe CC uninstaller, etc. numerous times to no avail. 

I was about to start the process you laid out above to see if that works. But, the one issue is that CC won't start so can't use it to remove the apps and preferences. I am concerned that using Windows to uninstall will leave the latter (preferences) or other remnants that will perpetuate the problem. That is where I was seeking advice in my previous post.

Thanks very much for your attention and assistance!

Cheers,

BD  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I also have Photoshop Elements 2022 for quick and easy processes and it, too, now fails to update. It runs, but when attempting to update the process stalls at 6% each time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer (if that hasn't occurred since the problem started), and retry opening the cc app.

if that fails, try to reset the cc desktop app: while it's opening press

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following the steps above that you can follow:

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As mentioned, I have already done all the steps prior to "clean your computer of cc files" numerous times. Should I run the cleaner tool without uninstalling (via Windows uninstall) the apps? I can certainly use the Adobe CC uninstaller again before running the cleaner, but the apps and such will still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you've done all the steps prior to "clean your computer of cc files", you've already used the correct uninstaller from Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and the cc app is no longer on your computer or the uninstaller failed to remove your cc app.

which of the two is true?

if something else is true, you're not following the steps correctly and are likely to increase, not decrease, the problems.

in particular, if you're trying to save time/effort by skipping things that you think you've mostly done, but haven't exactly done, then you should skip my above advice entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks. I am not skipping steps. The CC app has been uninstalled using the Adobe uninstaller numerous times and the CC app, each time, is not present on my PC. I then, several times, reinstalled the CC app and get the same error mentioned above. 

So, as stated, I have followed all of the steps prior to "clean" several times. This brings me back to what I mentioned before, following your original directions in the response to the original poster - I cannot open the CC app to uninstall the Adobe apps (ie Photoshop). So, should I uninstall the CC app (using the Adobe uninstaller, of course) again, then, use the Windows uninstall process to remove the constituent apps (ie Photoshop) then run the Adobe cleaning tool? Or, should I just uninstall the CC app and then run the cleaner tool. Or, just run the cleaner tool with the CC app present (after reinstallation), but not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, proceed from the step to remove the cc app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now running in to this same issue. I have had online support try and drive my computer through a virtual session. 3 different technitions with no resolve. I have ran all the clean adobe links, repaired all the c++ redis, manually removed any adobe files in appdata, ran sfc /scannow, removed all certifacts manualy, restart and reinstall. Nothing is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention removed antivirus, turned off firewall and changed internet sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timf44044732 

what exact problem do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud or any Adobe Product will not install on my Windows 11 pc. In searching for solutions I found this thread I figured I would make it known Bryan is not the only user having these issues. I am unsure if you read my actual post but it covers all the steps you have given to remedy this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the above. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what exactly do you see after downloading the most current win cc desktop app installation file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got anything @timf44044732 going through the same thing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up backing up my files and doing a clean windows 11 installation. I gave up as none of the re install methods or cleaning methods worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timf44044732 

barring a hardware problem, that should always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue where Creative Cloud Desktop App would not install on Windows 11 Pro, in fact the installer acted like it wasn't opening at all but you could see it in Task Manager but it was inactive.

After trying all the 'fixes' on here with nothing working I finall fixed it by downloading an earlier version which installed as normal and then let it update itself to the latest version. Everything is now working as it should.

For the download I went to this page:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Then go about 1/3 to 1/2 way down the page where there is a box with a bunch of downloads, look for CC Desktop App (4.9.0.504) which is at the bottom of the first half of the links box. Download and install and hopefully it works for you as it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CROWNKIWI

which installer(s) did you use before trying 4.9.504?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the 'standard' installer from: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud  (File version 2.10.0.17)

As well as the alternative Windows 10 version 1903 and later (64-bit) from this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Tried both several times, running the uninstaller/cc clean in between attempts, disabled anti virus, even tried in safe mode with networking, none of which worked and in all cases the installer was showing in Task Manager but doing nothing.

The installer in the link I previously posted worked fine first time (with anti virus activated etc.) exactly as one would expect, CC then updated itself to Version 5.9.0.372 which as far as I can tell is the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CROWNKIWI Thanks for sharing but for me this did not work. I have had a different adobe agent try for the past 5 days. They can not figure it out either. If I some how get this working again I will share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines