• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't work at all on Windows 11, stuck at taking longer than usual while opening

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Dell XPS 15 (newest model) and it only had the option of Windows 11. I got this computer specifically for work with the Adobe Suite so I'm a little miffed that I can't seem to get any of the apps to work at all.

Whenever I try to download the Creative Cloud app it loads forever, says it's taking longer thna usual, tells me to try a relaunch, and then says there was an error installing and to try again or repair it. I've retried like 10 times, deleting all of the Adobe directories in the C: drive and also uninstalling in the Control Panel but nothing has worked.

Is there a specific download file that functions with the current state of Windows 11? Cause everwhere I look people seem to at least be able to get Creative Cloud working on Windows 11, but I can't seem to at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

it's an adobe/win 11 issue.  and again, the most reliable solution if you have win 11 is:

apply each applicable step (eg, if nothing cc is installed on your computer, you can skip 1 and 2.)

1. uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

2. then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging

3. c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, I know first hand how frustrating this can be - I hope you get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timf44044732 and @CROWNKIWI 

you both need to use the direct download link for the cc desktop app.  and it's not clear which windows installer you should use.  try the newer, and if that fails, try the older and then update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my very first attempt at installing was from downlaoding CC within my Adobe account which did not work, which is when I went looking for fixes and alternatives.

FWIW CC wasn't perfect in Windows 10 - it often wouldn't update apps and threw an error code which I can't recall, but that involved unistalling the app completely and then reinstalling to fix.

Anyway, in my case I'm back up and running so I'm all good. Hope my fix works for some and hopefully someone can come up with a fix for those that are still facing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I have now done this three times successfully due to other issues with my Win 11 upgrade.

For those still having problems, make sure you have killed the Adobe Installer process in Task Manager prior to trying to install the earlier version otherwise this will block any further install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart.your computer 
*use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

you may need the older installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, the current CC Desktop App never actually installs, nothing happens when you double click the exe file apart from it showing in Task Manager with zero activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, if you've been downloading the installer from the link i suggested, right click > click run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that installer doesn't work for me even running as Administrator. The only method I've found that works is the one I posted above. Just hop that it helps someone in the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you claiming running the cleaner and then restarting fails to clear a previous install process??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly can't remember (I suspect it did) - I was just posting what worked for me in the hope that it may help someone else, didn't really want to get into a debate. 

The fact is that the latest installer will not work on my installation for whatever reason (Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 build 22621.900) but that older CC installer does work and will update itself to the latest version, I don't profess to know why - it was something I tried in deperation after all the other suggested fixes i tried did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

for others the solution i posted would work for an installer process that fails to complete, too (ansd many more situations).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, you have to make certain everything is dead before you attempt any install/reinstall. On three separate occassions, I tried the "most reliable solution" following the directions explicitly and it was a waste of time. Then, I chatted with tech support who was reading a script and then prematurely ended the chat when the "fixes" didn't work. So, how did I solve the issue? Well, this morning I launched CC just to see what it would do and it self-updated itself and voila. Now, I'm up and running. Go figure. Anyway, thanks to all for their suggestions and efforts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dimitrios27720330gk2o 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must've missed something; welcome for what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't read your own messages?  

you posted: "...thanks to all for their suggestions and efforts. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This issue has been driving me nuts and had tried all the other fixes but nothing worked. I had actually given up seveal months ago with this issue but have covid and need to use my home pc. Downloading the older version has now worked for me and I no longer have to lug my work laptop home every week! I'm not sure if this is a Dell Windows 11 issue as my home PC is a Dell G15.

Many thanks again!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I don't think it's specifically a Dell issue as my PC is an MSi Creator P100A 12th.

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an adobe/win 11 issue.  and again, the most reliable solution if you have win 11 is:

apply each applicable step (eg, if nothing cc is installed on your computer, you can skip 1 and 2.)

1. uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

2. then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

3. clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

4. restart your computer (don't skip this)

5. reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all this and it worked. I managed to install the programs and everything. But the next time I open the computer, it stops working again and the programs don't work. 

I can't repeat this process every day, I need a solution , does anyone know what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was a fresh install of W11. Luckily, I was on a brand-new laptop so I didn't lose anything but time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria32763282fh1b 

daily/restart problems that require cc desktop repair indicate an app on your computer (eg, antivirus) is corrupting adobe files.

==================================================

for other win 11 users,

make sure you're trying the older cc desktop app (mentioned in my aug 26 post) before rolling back to win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so very frustrated. I've tried everything on here in this thread. Tech support remoted in and tried for an hour. At the end they said I needed to contact Microsoft because it was a permission issue with Windows. It's my personal laptop. I'm the administrator. I wouldn't even know what to say to MS IF I could actually speak to a competent person. Today I did a factory reset on my laptop to no avail. I really feel like I'm at the end of my rope with this. What else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VideoGrinch 

did you install the older win10 cc app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Tried it before and after I reset my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what do you see after starting the installation of that file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines