• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installation failed (error: 702)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago creative cloud signed me out, and since then I am not able to login into Creative Cloud and use any of the products. 

Every time I reinstall I get an error message, "The installer was unable to access a file or directory. (Error code: 702)"

I have contacted the support team numerous times. They finally reached out to me. I shared my screen to resolve the issue but didn't work out. The next step was talking to the senior team, but even though I scheduled a phone call 3 times, they never called me or left a voice message or email. 

I am getting really frustrated about this. Because I can't use any of the design tools to do my daily task, and this impacts my main source of income. I'm in desperate need of advice. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

I think we found the problem to this issue.  As it turns out, if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.  I'm sure there are other ways the permissions can get messed up, but we simply used the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Let me know if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that and it's giving me the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a different user account and try using that.

kglad_0-1606060010972.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, but no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok there is something else going on, On your computer. The Adobe CC desktop app does Not just Sign you out and not allow you to Sign Back In without something being wrong with your system. It just Does Not Happen.

So something happened on your computer just before this problem started that You are Not telling us.

Without all the info about what was, is, and continues to happen on your computer there is no way for us to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Just fixed the issue. After sharing my screen with four different support team members and a lot of waiting, we finally made it work by updating the software to Big Sur from Catalina. 

There wasn't any unusual event that happened while I was using the computer during the past week. I am still not sure what caused the issue and how did updating software solve the issue. But super excited to use products again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katelynn30842875hixb 

read @Kary Burns answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we found the problem to this issue.  As it turns out, if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.  I'm sure there are other ways the permissions can get messed up, but we simply used the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Let me know if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue happen to my work Mac twice now – I don't remember how I solved it the first time but this command line worked the second time (after many failed attempts at running first aid through disk utility). Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too! I couldn't install photoshop. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! Thanks~!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Works like a charm!  - July 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W orked for me, thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying in 2022. This worked for me! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but it wouldn'd allow me to put my password in after entering the command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This terminal permission fix worked for me as well. Just an FYI that the terminal does not show your password or anything as you type it. It is invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This terminal command worked for me, just the way you described. And, as you said, the PW did not display as I typed it. Great fix! Thanks to you and Kary Burns for your contributions to this thread. Made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me just now! Thank you!! I've been hammering at this proiblem for hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well.. Phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TERMINAL. sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/ worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines