• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installation failed (error: 702)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago creative cloud signed me out, and since then I am not able to login into Creative Cloud and use any of the products. 

Every time I reinstall I get an error message, "The installer was unable to access a file or directory. (Error code: 702)"

I have contacted the support team numerous times. They finally reached out to me. I shared my screen to resolve the issue but didn't work out. The next step was talking to the senior team, but even though I scheduled a phone call 3 times, they never called me or left a voice message or email. 

I am getting really frustrated about this. Because I can't use any of the design tools to do my daily task, and this impacts my main source of income. I'm in desperate need of advice. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

I think we found the problem to this issue.  As it turns out, if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.  I'm sure there are other ways the permissions can get messed up, but we simply used the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Let me know if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - this seems to be working, after a wasted morning talking to Adobe  and running disk First Aid and OS updates. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, which password is it referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your mac password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me as well! Thank you soooo incredibly much! 
There nothing like that 'stab-my-eye-with-a-pencil' feeling of frustration, then coming across advice on an Adobe forum, and it works! x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I put this command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Into the Terminal Utiltiy on you Mac, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from @ChrissyLarson 

Hi! To launch terminal go to Launchpad (where you go to view your applications) and type in Terminal in the search. You can also search for the application in finder. Once you're in terminal, simply copy and paste the command line. You'll then be prompted to enter your user password (you will not be able to see your password as you type it) and hit enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci j'étais désespérée !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kary, I've had this problem this morning, InDesign suddently started crashing while opening, Creative Cloud was no responce and getting a 702 error when trying to reload Creative Cloud. After several tries at Disk First Aid, Restarts and then Remote help from Adobe who ran a command in terminal, I think it was the command you've shared but they couldn't get it working.  I was aksed to take a call back from Adobe Tech services tomorrow.

I decided to do a search cause I kind of need to be working and found this thread, ran TERMINAL command myself and I've now got Creative Cloud back and currently waiting on InDesign downloading. Happy days, thanks again :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, it worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, Kary Burns. Can you provide me with instructions on how to log into TERMINAL to fix Error Code 702 from my iMac, please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! To launch terminal go to Launchpad (where you go to view your applications) and type in Terminal in the search. You can also search for the application in finder. Once you're in terminal, simply copy and paste the command line. You'll then be prompted to enter your user password (you will not be able to see your password as you type it) and hit enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a relief!!!  This resolved hours of frustration!  I'm making a Time Machine backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!! This was so helpful and worked instantly. Adobe support was trying for an hour with no results!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, Kary Burns. I already figured it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the help that you needed. the Terminal is in the Utilities in your application folder. Launch it and cut and paste the code:   sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get the help I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Kary Burns! 
Can we erect a memorial to you? You literally just saved me hours of work. 
Thank you so so so so incredibly much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FKCIN LOVE YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a lifesaver! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much (merci beaucoup) !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kary. You're my hero ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines