Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installer stuck / No internet

Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been tring to install CC on my new 2021 Macbook Pro, however I'm facing problems during installation which makes the machine unusable.

During the installation step, were the CC installer opens Safari to verify your account, my device looses it's internet connection. macOS shows that I'm connected to Wifi, but cannot open anything. Same Wifi network works withouth problems on other devices.

The frustrating part of this all is, when I close the Safari page, the CC installer does not respond anymore. Unable to close the installer and when openeing Activity Monitor, that even does not respond anymore, so not able to ' Force Quit'. Only way to get out of this all, is to hold the power button of my Macbook until it reboots.

I've already tried the CC Uninstaller method, but did not work (as nothing was installed).

Hope that someone has experienced the same and has a solution for this problem.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hey Jeff, I have figured out what caused the CC installer to 'crash'.

Problem is being caused by the app LuLu that can block outgoing connections. Normally, when an app is installed, LuLu shows a prompt where you can allow or deny the requested connection. For some reason, with the latest CC version, this does not happen and makes the MacBook practically unresponsive.

This is all on a freshly installed MacBook Pro (2021). I was able to run the CC installer after LuLu was disabled. When the insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plisson, sorry you are encountering problems using Adobe applications on your new MacBook Pro. What process did you use to set up the new Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, I have figured out what caused the CC installer to 'crash'.

Problem is being caused by the app LuLu that can block outgoing connections. Normally, when an app is installed, LuLu shows a prompt where you can allow or deny the requested connection. For some reason, with the latest CC version, this does not happen and makes the MacBook practically unresponsive.

This is all on a freshly installed MacBook Pro (2021). I was able to run the CC installer after LuLu was disabled. When the install was completed, I re-opened LuLu which now showed the connection prompts.

Not sure if something has changed in the latest CC installer, but this is the first time I experienced this type of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Plisson!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have just purchased a brand new Macbook pro with the express intention of installing PS/LR. I have not even opened the box yet - should I be worried? I am just an amateur software user.

This is a migration from a 5 yr  old Windows machine, that is fine but not able to upgrade to Windows 11 - so I thought I would go for the new Apple M1 promise.

I had the thought that all the clever tech. guys from Adobe (and Apple?) would have thought through all the relevant installation and useage issues for consumers - customer focus and all that ?

Should you not just be able to simply 'Upload' and 'Install' these things without the nightmare map of steps to take when it does not happen i.e. the 'clever' tech guys have not sorted out - I think they are called  'Bugs' - for want of a better term - like 'Failings'.

Apart from the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest Winner what is the 'Boom Bang a Bang' disruption of Installs LuLu anyway?

Kind regards

Geoffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines