• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installing old versions

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing the issue where you have current versions of Bridge Lightroom and Photoshop yet Creative Cloud says they need to be updated and then you end up with 2 installations of each product?   The newest and the previous versions.  My Adobe Bridge CC 2015 just finished installing when I already had Bridge CC 2018.  Same with LR and PS.  Camera RAW CC?  No clue there...   The Creative Cloud version I have states version 4.7.0.400 but I'm not sure if this is the correct version or not.  Does anyone with Adobe or users know about this problem?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Possibly related.  The CC System Requirements are changing.  If you're on an older OS, you might not be able to get the latest versions.  See article below for details.

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly related.  The CC System Requirements are changing.  If you're on an older OS, you might not be able to get the latest versions.  See article below for details.

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running Win 7 SP1...the latest versions for all CC photography apps were running good until very recently.  I tagged in the other post related to Muse as I to have been experiencing the login/logout conundrum...   I'd be logged out, then prompted to get different version then if i logged in it made things very strange...such that I could not install anything.  I wasnt familiar with what Muse is/was - so I looked it up and now im clear.   Thank you for the info, Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow!    i had no idea about that...thanks for the article.   time to upgrade i suppose.  what designates a "major release"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A major CC release is 2017 to 2018 or 2019.   A dot release is 2018 to 2018.2 which might contain bug fixes or some other minor improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you install a 2018 version, you can choose to delete or keep old versions. When you choose to delete old versions only the last one will be deleted and therefore in this case only the 2017 version will be deleted and not all the previous versions ( 2015, 2014 ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange phenomena. Older versions should only install on request. If however you came from an older to a newer version, you can choose to keep the older version. It's, however, rarely of any use. Only in case you need compatibility to an older product, or in case you want keeping the n-1 version just in case you run into trouble with the latest version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

If however you came from an older to a newer version, you can choose to keep the older version. It's, however, rarely of any use.

I keep multiple product versions because some tasks are only doable in older versions and I don't wish to upset my normal workflow.  With each product upgrade something invariably gets taken away to make room for something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm using animate 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines