• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Lightroom will not install

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased the Adobe Creative Cloud Fotoplan to be used on my new MacBook Pro M1. The problem I have got is that PS, Lightroom Classic installs form the cloud and works fine, however Lightroom does not. It does not download any files to the computer. Then states that it installs for less than 5 seconds an then places the application on the list of installed apps. There is no error code the Lr is simply does not start.
I have tried to reinstall it, however the same happens. I got my MacBook Pro M1 yesterday and have done nothing else than trying to install it on the package on the computer. It is a little difficult to find out where to direct this feedback and request solution. Hopefully there is someone in this community who can help?
TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

All 

Brief update. The issue has been resolved by Adobe support. Got very good from a gent who remotely took care of this on my Mac. There was a corrupt file, that prevented the Lightroom file from being downloaded from the server and install. Do no ask what he did, it was beyond my skills. However all the apps works fine.

All the best take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that correctly shows lr cc is available for install, restart your computer and then install it.

if, after resetting, the app still shows lr cc is installed, restart your computer and recheck if it's still showing as installed.

if it is, try resetting again.  if that again fails, try to uninstall lr cc -  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

if that succeeds in removing lr cc from showing it's installed, restart your computer and restart the install process.

if that fails, update this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the Creative Cloud package with these applications. PS and LrC works fine Lr will not install and start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic works fine and Lightroom will not install an start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i misread your post when i originally posted.  while correcting my message you posted your 2nd and 3rd messages.  so, again:

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that correctly shows lr cc is available for install, restart your computer and then install it.

if, after resetting, the app still shows lr cc is installed, restart your computer and recheck if it's still showing as installed.

if it is, try resetting again.  if that again fails, try to uninstall lr cc -  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

if that succeeds in removing lr cc from showing it's installed, restart your computer and restart the install process.

if that fails, update this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and if the solution by kglad works, also let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 

Brief update. The issue has been resolved by Adobe support. Got very good from a gent who remotely took care of this on my Mac. There was a corrupt file, that prevented the Lightroom file from being downloaded from the server and install. Do no ask what he did, it was beyond my skills. However all the apps works fine.

All the best take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines