Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud needs to be repaired after every computer restart

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having multiple problems here...

Every time i restart my computer i get a Creative Cloud Error saying that it needs to be Repaired, at which point it reinstalls Creative Cloud (which insanely slow... takes like 20 minutes).

Interestingly, an issue I thought was unrelated... every time i restart my computer, Illustrator won't launch until the 4th or 5th time i attempt to open (as well as having an INSANELY long launch time... like i walk out of the room and make coffee and warm up the waxer circa 1992 launch). I have to force quit several times to get it to load... but right now with CC reloading itself_ illustrator loads within seconds! It's amazing! This leads me to believe that Adobe Creative Cloud desktop software is bloated slow connecting blob of inefficiency that's messing everything up....?

Anybody else having similar issues?

I'm in the newest build of CC, on an 3.5GHz i7 iMac with 32 Gigs of balanced RAM and a GoogleFiber connection... soooo i'm guessing this isn't the bottleneck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Thanks for that DelphiZoa​... I had read through that thread before posting. I run my own office, and there is no software running on my workstation or my network that should be affecting this. Also-- when it runs the Repair, it works fine for about a day... so it seems the install is fine. It is actually something corrupt in the CreativeSuite software itself. I'm also thinking because Illustrator can run quickly with CreativeSuite updating (a strange scenario where it isn't talking to the serve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scotty@IDG,

Are you using antivirus or any other third party software that could be interfering with previously installed software like Creative Cloud and/or Illustrator? Check out this discussion and see if it seems relevant: Must Constantly Reinstall/Repair Creative Cloud​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that DelphiZoa​... I had read through that thread before posting. I run my own office, and there is no software running on my workstation or my network that should be affecting this. Also-- when it runs the Repair, it works fine for about a day... so it seems the install is fine. It is actually something corrupt in the CreativeSuite software itself. I'm also thinking because Illustrator can run quickly with CreativeSuite updating (a strange scenario where it isn't talking to the servers)—I'm guessing this is more of an issue with caching and talking to a remote server that they are allowing to slow down the local software... which is a TREMENDOUS bummer.

I currently am in day 2 of backing up that workstation that's having the particular problems and I am doing a completely clean system reinstall and then clean Creative Suite reinstall after that, because I just don't have time to deal with any of this right now (I mean--I don't have time to deal with the clean reinstalls either... but I just need to get this rolling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this chosen as an answere, and a correct one at that. I'm having this problem to for months now and everytime I repair the program it runs ONCE, if I close it down and try to start it gain im greeted with a blanc CC window. I still haven't found the solution, Adob is really show their incompetence here as this is a common problem if you google for it but no one has a solution that sticks after restarting the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem now AFTER a clean install. I've spent three hours trying everything suggested, except creating a new user, which I am sad to say will probably have to be my next move, which if history is to be my guide will prbably not work, and is a cockamamie solution to a problem anyway. It is very frustrating given the expense of these products, and given that everything else works flawlessly on this state-of-the-art new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. It does seem to flag the Raleway font every time it "repairs" itself. Is there a log for this? I have run this program on multiple computers, all with more or less the same setup over the years, and this is the first time I've encountered this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem constantly on all three macs, all the time, has there been any answer that explains why from Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well, @Shweta23 any response to this would be great! have done multiple clean installs, and only seems to be affecting the newer 2019 iMac, but not my 2015 MacBook Pro. The inconsistency is making it hard to troubleshoot. The only thing constant is that it breaks on the iMac every time I reboot and takes forever to repair. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too. I need to repair it every day and while it's not a huge problem it is inconvenient. I suspect it's the same reason that Adobe Fonts can't be accessed half the time. I have to go and activate some random font and then it works. Until the next time I open an app.

My main problem at the moment (read: "last few months") is stock won't download unless it's an AI or EPS (JPGs? Forget it) and adobe stock integration/import into apps is rubbish. I have to download on my phone, stick it in OneDrive, download it onto my PC, then 'place' from my HDD into the artwork.

But hey, I moved to Affinity mostly now and only saw this thread when I needed Ai to access files for an old client.

The one thing I've gotten from the whole adventure is Adobe don't care about their customers. It basically looks like "You have a problem? Oh yeah, it's definitely (insert random program here). Go talk to its publisher. It's their fault. Or go and tear your hair out on the forums where we'll offer no solutions other than 'go and blame someone else' and then close the thread. Thanks for playing. You lose."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud on my iMac breaks a few times per week. The process of crashing, reinstalling, reopening everything I was working on, can take an hour or two easily a few times per week. I've searched and have not found a remedy. Is there an anwer for this yet besides the usual antivirus software theory? I'm not running any. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so bummed to see that a year and a half later, there isn't a known solution to this problem. I have been running Adobe products on my computer for years, but the last few times I restarted my computer, I noticed that Adobe programs won't open right away, then it tells me Adobe needs to be "repaired" and next thing I know I am 20 minutes into the Re-Install of Creative Coud desktop. Good grief! I hope if someone does find the answer, they will come back here and let all us poor folks know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. there are posts on this issue that go back to 2017 and here we are in 2020 and still having the issue. I'm very dissapointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the problem just got worse and worse for me over the months. This Adobe repair began to be a daily thing. At times, it disrupted my work for an hour at a time. Finally, the version of Photoshop I'd been running (2017) refused to open whatsoever. I downloaded 2020, then I updated my Mac to the very latest Catalina version, and also upped my RAM from 4 to 32. For a week things seemed great, then just yesterday Adobe started the process of asking me for the password, etc., quietly in the background so hopefully things aren't just escalating again. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Catalina hoping for a solution. yesterday was the worst, up to 4-5 hours wasted trying to repair and reinstall CC, and took me over 40 min to launch Illustrator, every other app on my mac runs just fine,  only Software from Adobe gave me this nightmare. Wishing you all the luck in the world and I hope this gets fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, how much RAM do you have on your machine? I know Adobe products like to take every ounce they can get. My problems are alleviated but not totally gone since my updates and RAM expansion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 of RAM, with the upgrade to Catalina, reinstalling CC, and Illustrator the problem is more tolerable now, so far so "good". With 32GB you shouldn't have much trouble but I don't know why CC consumes that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Every time my computer restarts, Creative Cloud breaks and needs to repair itself which takes ages every single time. 

Bumping to raise this issue again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe das gleiche Problem! Und keiner hat eine Lösung....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, with the Creative Cloud repairing itself extremely slow on every restart! VERY frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue... every time I start up my Mac, CC needs to be repaired. Takes a lifetime to actually get started with work for the day. I am at the point where I just don't shut down my Mac for the fear of not being able to get going every morning when I need to. 

How has this not been resolved or looked at by Adobe, for goodness sake? This is the APP launcher... wow! 

PLEASE Adobe: look into this matter... it is so inefficient 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say that once I upgraded my RAM (I had 8 GB now I have 32), updated my 2013 iMac to the most recent version available, and stopped using older versions of the Adobe apps I've been using (Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign) installing and upgrading the newer versions... the problem seemed to go away! Adobe Creative Cloud maybe reinstalled once or twice, and that was it, I haven't had any problems in a long time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as everybode else, here. Moreover, I am even unable to repair Adobe CC, as it constantly fails to load after it should be repaired. I have to uninstall Adobe CC with Adobe's Cleaner tool and reinstall it afterwards. Then it works. Until I do another restart...

That is extremely frustrating, as it seems nobody at Adobe seemed able to find a solution or even seemed to be interested in this topic. Moreover, I need Adobe's programs to create job applications etc., so I use them almost every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could everyone here simply add the computer operating system and version they are running! That would help the advisors.

What I can say from my experience and on multiple computers: This is not a normal situation. My Best guess is either an interfering software or a hardware problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running two computers, both macs, identical software and operating system (all updated) and only one of them has a problem. My wife's computer, a 2019 Macbook Air. Mac OS Big Sur v 11.3. 16gb 2133 MHz ram. Processor 1.6 GHZ Dual-Core 15. 

My computer is a Macbook Pro 2019, 16g 2133 MHz ram, Processor 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. 

The Macbook Air is the only one with the issue, so hardpressed to see how this could possibly be a software conflict and certainly not with malware or virus protection as we are identical. 

Ball in your court ... happy to help Adobe find a solution, but a solution you do NEED to find. It is a clear problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a 27" iMac (Late 2012 model) running Catalina (10.15.7). It has a 2,9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor and 24GB RAM. I run no anti-virus software, and I've regularly uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud. 

I also completely wiped my computer and did a fresh install of the OS within the last year, so I don't think that's the issue. Please let me know if there are any further details you'd like from me to help resolve this. 

Thanks!

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines