• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a Creative Cloud plan, but I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. Can on account run on both computers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

First off, make sure your PC meets the Lightroom CC system requirements, otherwise you can't upgrade... It must be a 64-bit system:

Lightroom System requirements

If that all looks OK, then try signing out and then signing back into the Creative Cloud Desktop App:

Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps

If no luck and for some reason you still don't see the new Lightroom version showing up, then you can use the direct links to download instead:

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Direct Download Links for Win/Mac

Hope that helps!  Please let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I purchased the CC photography plan, and will be installing it on two computers. I read that I have to log out of CC from one to use it on the other, that means that I can only do that on-line? I do not have internet at home, only at work, so I would have to take my home laptop to work to log off and use the other one? Can I leave it logged off and still use the app for editing while having it logged on at work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to: Adobe - Customer Service : EULA FAQ

How Many Computers Can You Install or Run Adobe Software On? | ProDesignTools

The CC desktop can work without internet for up to 90 days once activated via internet.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 computers that I need to use the CC suite on, but 3 different operating systems (the desktop has OS X & Windows 8.1). I've accepted that I need to sign out/sign in to avoid having it activated on > 2 computers, but is there any limit to the frequency/amount that I can sign in/sign out of the products? If not, I could even see doing it every time I launch the product and wouldn't mind that much. But I'm not sure if that would cause an issue. I saw someone say something about getting a server error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting two answers from different representatives.  Please clear this up.  I can install two reiterations of creative cloud so I can use the software at the same time on two different units...is that so or not so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is correct when providing answers on these forums? I understand a Member is like me, a user of the software and I understand Staff to be an employee of Adobe. But what is an MVP? I am new to this and haven't worked it all out yet!

I am unsure if an MVP "outranks" Staff when it comes to answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no ranking system.  Most of the time both Staff and MVP's are right, but everybody's wrong sometimes.

However, in this case, what Ned and I said above is exactly correct - and you can read it in Adobe's licensing terms yourself if you want further confirmation:

Software Terms to the Adobe General Terms of Use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

here's what's causing me confusion: What does "using the software" mean? Is that a) having the CC app open (where you install software etc) or is it b) having an actual CC application, like Photoshop, open? Because obviously a) will be running on both machines when they are turned on, and I often leave my home workstation running for days on end. Will that prevent me from using Photoshop on my laptop? Would leaving Photoshop open on my home workstation prevent me from using Photoshop on my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, let me see if I understand this correctly:

I purchase one subscription.

I install it on two machines, and activate it.

I can only use the apps only on one machine at a time.

Correct?

If so, then can I use different apps of the same subscription at the two machines, at the same time? For example, InDesign on one machine for layouts and at the same time Photoshop on the other machine for retouching etc.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the question I'm trying to have answered. It seems like no one else throughout this thread asks this, specifically.

Can someone chime in about this:

"can I use different apps of the same subscription [on] the two machines, at the same time? For example, InDesign on one machine for layouts and at the same time Photoshop on the other machine for retouching etc."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But How do you download the software on your second device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, to download the products onto your second (or any) computer, you can use the CC Desktop app or the CC direct download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers, a Macbook Pro and an iMac. On the Macbook Pro I am running Bootcamp to explore Windows 10. Technically this is two computers requiring three licenses. I'd like to see Adobe remove the two computer restriction, even Agile Bits allows me to install 1Password as many times as I like. Not to mention Apple's App Store allows us to install on up to 10 machines and even has a family share option - meaning I can share Final Cut Pro X with my Mom, in the event she wanted to learn video editing.  I know my comment won't change Adobe policies - but at least Adobe is fully aware of what the customer wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complete subscription which I started today. Its activated on my works computer but at home Im in trial mode logged in under the same account?

Whats going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but do you have to sign out of one version of CC to use CC in the other computer ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you want to save the number of activation(it is 2 activation per CC) then you will have to sign out of the CC from first computer.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I tried to download on my second computer, Adobe said I had already installed in on two computers. How do I find out what's going on and to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you get that message , then you need to deactivate it from one of the computer.

You can also use the deactivate option that you get while installing, it will automatically deactivate the previous two CC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activate-deactivate-products.html

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after purchasing CC (LR + Photoshop) my computers hard drive completely failed and I can now longer access it.

I have a new computer on the way.

I had only downloaded Lightroom, activated it, signed in and used it for a few days.

However from the way I understand this, before I can install, activate and SIGN IN to my new machine I would have to sign out of the original machine. Naturally I can not do this.

What is my resolution path? And finally, how to do I kill the activation that is linked to my old machine (obviously it will never be used again, however if I find the need to activate a second machine I would like the second activation to be allowed).

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davids55505062 wrote:

However from the way I understand this, before I can install, activate and SIGN IN to my new machine I would have to sign out of the original machine. Naturally I can not do this.

What is my resolution path? And finally, how to do I kill the activation that is linked to my old machine with the failed hard drive? (obviously it will never be used again, however if I find the need to activate a second machine I would like the second activation to be allowed).

Hi David,

Now with all CC apps, if/when you try to activate the tools on a 3rd computer (and thus exceed your activation limit of 2 machines), the software will ask you if you wish to automatically deactivate the first two systems...  So if your disk crashed or you have an otherwise inaccessible computer, then it shouldn't be a problem as eventually the "stuck" activation there would be reset.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did help. Thank you for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the adobe photography plan directly from Adobe.  I pay monthly through my credit card. I have a laptop where I downloaded everything and now I have bought a desktop.My emails were deleted by mistake and now I don't have any link to download the photography plan again in my new desktop

I have tried several times to get in touch with Adobe and it is impossible!! I don't know what to do to solve the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to confirm that if I purchase Creative Cloud Apps Desktop Download this is the correct one to use on Two computers? (Laptop and Desktop?)

This one is the standard one for doing a variety of photos correct? (Sorry just want to make the correct order)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines