Creative Cloud Update Error 43

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Creative Cloud ver 5.6.0.788 installed on Windows 10.  Yesterday I tried to open it and got a message that an update was available.  No way to bypass the update. It says it's for bug fixes and tecnical enhancements.  The version release notes are for ver 5.6.6.58.   So I clicked on the Update button.  It started to install the update and gets to 57% and fails.  The message says "Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory.  Please try installing again (Error code: 43).

My apps (Photoshop, Bridge) are working.  I've tried to do the update several times unsuccessfully. 

My system is Windows 10 Pro, ver 2004 build 19041.1415, 64GB RAM.

I'm going to finish a project I'm working on, reboot, and see if there are any Windows updates I can install.  If that doesn't work, I'm stuck.

I'd appreciate some ideas.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:
Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported).  Your Windows is not up to date.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines