• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud updates excruciatingly slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud crashed and hanged a few times, then quitting & restarting got the CC App itself to update. That took a long time. It said it failed a few times. In the end, it didn't give me a success message, but when I quit & opened it, it was up to date.

Then InDesign won't start, so I started the update process. It's been an HOUR now. I've started the update process a few times, as it got stuck at 10%. Now I've been stuck on 95% for twenty minutes or more.

OSX El Capitan

Creative Cloud 3.7.0.272

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

What a mess!

Creative Cloud would not reinstall.

So, here's what I did.

1. uninstall & clean out all the apps with the official tool – uninstalling the apps "normally" didn't work.
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

2. uninstall the Creative Cloud with the official uninstaller.

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh.

Now InDesign update had "installed", but it's still not opening. So I thought I'd uninstall InDesign. Currently says "120 minutes remaining, 2% completed" in the Adobe Application Manager. Good grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no dice. Can't install InDesign, it shows as "up to date" but won't open. It also won't uninstall from the Creative Cloud app, it gets stuck at 2%.

And I can't uninstall the Creative Cloud app since it shows InDesign is actively using it.

So what I'm trying now, is just forcibly uninstalling everything Adobe with CleanMyMac and starting again.

Wish me luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess!

Creative Cloud would not reinstall.

So, here's what I did.

1. uninstall & clean out all the apps with the official tool – uninstalling the apps "normally" didn't work.
Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

2. uninstall the Creative Cloud with the official uninstaller.

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarious. I am having the same issue again. Found my own post from the last time there was an update. Now InDesign isn't opening any files, calling them all corrupted files... The update gets stuck at 75%. I reinstalled the CC app manager, as it wasn't loading at all.

Good grief, here we go again.

EVERY EFFING TIME THERE'S AN UPDATE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LilliKeinaenen I am sorry that you continue to face difficulties applying updates.  Do you receive any specific errors when installing InDesign?  What version of InDesign are you installing?  You can find details how to locate the error affecting the installation at Troubleshoot CC 2015 log files .

You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an iMac (2018) Model, I too was finding the Adobe Creative Cloud updates really slow but not any more!

I discovered that in the iMac system Prefs there's an Energy Saver lightbulb icon and the first UNCHECKED box says 'Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off', so now when I have Creative Cloud updates to do, I make sure I CHECK this box to prevent my Mac from sleeping during updates. I can also now carry on working while the updates happen in the background providing I'm not using the same software that needs updating!

Apple imply that the Macs should be advanced enough to wake themselves up for background stuff like emails and software updates etc. but this doesn't seem to be the case for Creative Cloud updates, so could be a clash between Adobe updating software and Apple's Energy Saving software? 

I'm not sure if PC's running Windows could have the same issue with their Energy Saving options clashing with Creative Cloud updates? might be worth looking into tho if you're using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines