Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Very Slow

Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The company has moved me onto creative cloud. I used the uninstaller to remove CS6 and installed CC.

CC indesign is so slow!  Just scrolling about etc is a total dog.

I am using OSX 10.8.4 with a quad core i7 mac with 16 gigs of ram and SSD drive. CS6 was great but CC is a dog.

Do you think there is reminants from the previous version or something? Do I need to consider a total wipe of the OS and start again?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Hi, folks

This is coming from a novice user which I really am, weighing all options to start using "Creative" software of the likes of Adobe or Adobe itself. Reading all the comments of unfortunate users I felt sorry for most of you and signed in specifically to post a comment of mine. I came across a blog addressing just the issue of incredibly sluggish InDesign performance regardless of a platform you are on - Mac, Windows. To make long story short the problem (if not fixed still by Adobe) may

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to agree with above users. Had to buy Adobe CC to accommodate my clients. Computer was running great until I installed Adobe CC. Now nothing runs well. I am going to spend time I don't have researching, troubleshooting, updating, experimenting with settings. It is affecting everything not just the main apps I use: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Not a happy camper here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, running Lightroom, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

Just selecting some text on dreamweaver or opening the effects panel in photoshop is insane slow. By the way, no OSX but Windows7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither. I upgraded my Macbook and got cloud versions of Creative Suite and everything I do takes FORever. It feels like 10 years ago. My older Mac with CS5 runs way faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to download creative cloud on  a new computer everytime makes me frustrated. Have been sitting here now for about 30 minutes and 25% is downloaded. Then I shall pick the program I would like to have. This will take hours as usual.

Must be the slowest installation in the world of all categories.

At least I get time to complain during the installation.

/roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution for Adobe CC being so sluggish? I mainly use Illustrator and it's super slow in saving or simply closing files. It's really cutting into my production time and driving me crazy! I'm a very patient person, but this is just ridiculous. I have CS3 on my old laptop and have reverted to using it for projects because CC takes forever. I don't find the problem in Photoshop as much as I do in Illustrator and InDesign.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From the Creative Cloud Panel, as a paying for CC member, you can install CS6 apps.

Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

On this link you can see how to do the download of old version CS6, no need for licens key.

Then you can deactivate the CC panel from menubar.

That is working for me.

Best regards

Lasse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to CC 2014 instantly solved my problems. Like having a new Mac! So ridiculous but easy to do and made a massive difference. About to do the same for Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM LOOSING MY MIND!

I do this full-time from home running my own design studio - this is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable! I can't even get through all of these threads to find out if there is actually a solution to this, because it seems impossible that their actually isn't and this new update is just really this bad.

I can't believe I am paying for this right now. I can't even use it. I can not WORK WHAT IS THISTHAKLTJ3WANKL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm losing my mind as well! It's super frustrating and it makes me mad that I'm paying for it to be useless. I also run a business from home and I'm spending most of my time waiting for files to save/close and not being productive at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are complaints about this all over. 

Where is the fix or even acknowledgment that there is an issue.

Also very bad customer service portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the Mac or the system. It's Adobe. ALL programs on CC are SLOWER significantly, consistently, and across the board. Going from CS6 to CC. No comparison. No fix yet? It's just the way Adobe is rolling things out. Upgrade to 2015 maybe worsened the problem, but definitely did not address the issue.

MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012

2.3 GHz Intel i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Again. From CS6 to CC, just a major dive in performance. I've been dealing with it for months. Because CC is the future, I'm just managing the best I can, getting used to the problems, and accepting that if I want to do my job in the future, I will find a way to do it. Adobe seems to disregard this as any problem at all, and I expect that those "experts" who don't understand the problem just see the sluggishness as the industry standard and not the exception. I will hope I get used to it as they have. But there is a big difference between CS6 and CC that seems not to be a system problem by any regard or stretch of reason.

Onward and upward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into the CC Panel and select Previous Versions (filter set to show all), none of the applications that I have loaded are listed. Everything is so sluggish I can't get anything done! I was hoping to go back to CS6. Anybody have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try again. Earlier Versions. Find more apps. Under Earlier versions go to the bottom. Blue text Show earlier versions.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution is to use old software? Great! Any other tips out there, please post them here. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How pathetic, come on Adobe fix the speed issues, there is no reason we should need to revert back. I own CS6 and pay for CC, its sad to pay for full CC and use my old software from a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t have to go back to CS6. You can go back to CC2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I went back to 2014 because I had Bob to do. The. Adobe support helpt me to get 2015 to work. I added more memory to my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. The least you can do, Adobe, is make the fonts available offline so we can actually get some work done. I can barely move my cursor around the screen without getting any lag time. I'm beyond frustrated; it's impossible to be productive with this new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous!! I am beyond frustrated. Photoshop 'save for web' is soooooo slow, actually saving pretty much any Photoshop file has an absurd lag time and Dreamweaver - don't even get me started. It has so much lag time I can make a coffee and come back and it'll still be trying to open a page, sometimes it just crashes altogether or if I'm working on bootstrap it is so slow and buggy - and often it swaps the content of the tabbed page I'm working on - with the content of the tabbed page next to it (eg wipes all the current tab content and replaces it with the next pages content) - it's just bizarre. Adobe CC has more than HALVED my productivity - and where is the support? No answers here and it's been complained about for over a year. I've been using Adobe products for 10 years, and I've never seen such a abysmal state of affairs. How can they sell a product that it is so flawed? Better still why am I paying for a product that is costing me money due to it incompetence?? GRRRRRRRRR. Maybe it's time to explore alternate software options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. Every Adobe application is acting the same way for me

too. Sorry I can't help other then let ya know you're not alone. This

stinks. I'm hoping for an update that will fix this issue. I re-installed

older versions of everything until this get's fixed.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Choc Hippo <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have reported this solves lagging problems:

Creative Cloud Libraries panel doesn't load in desktop products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong answer. It it not only the Libraries that are slow. It's everything. Clicking on a menu item. Selecting Objects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat pretty much everyone here. Extremely laggy, primarily in InDesign, and I'm not working with dramatic files.

Literally the newest MBPR on the market:

2.5 i7

16gb 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon M370X 2048 MB

500gb SSD, barely anything on it.

What joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call for support. How much memory do you have in your computer? Adobe

support helpt me and I gave my MAC 32 GB memory. Virtual memory written on

the harddisc is slow. Next OS "El Capitan" uses less memory and is much

faster. Upgrade as soon as you can. I run CC Cloud Full pack, on iMac

27" middle 2010.

tisdag 25 augusti 2015 skrev mattdavidphoto <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Creative Cloud Very Slow created by mattdavidphoto

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/mattdavidphoto> in InDesign - View the

full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7898280#7898280>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines