Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Very Slow

Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The company has moved me onto creative cloud. I used the uninstaller to remove CS6 and installed CC.

CC indesign is so slow!  Just scrolling about etc is a total dog.

I am using OSX 10.8.4 with a quad core i7 mac with 16 gigs of ram and SSD drive. CS6 was great but CC is a dog.

Do you think there is reminants from the previous version or something? Do I need to consider a total wipe of the OS and start again?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Hi, folks

This is coming from a novice user which I really am, weighing all options to start using "Creative" software of the likes of Adobe or Adobe itself. Reading all the comments of unfortunate users I felt sorry for most of you and signed in specifically to post a comment of mine. I came across a blog addressing just the issue of incredibly sluggish InDesign performance regardless of a platform you are on - Mac, Windows. To make long story short the problem (if not fixed still by Adobe) may

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same for me. Adobe producing complete amateur software right now - I will soon end my subscription because it's impossible to work with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgh! My company just upgraded to CC 2015. Needless to say, we are not happy campers. At first I thought download issues, etc. But after test driving both Cloud's inDesign, it's clear that the software is not performing like it's usual self. Looking into downgrading to 2014, ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that adjusting my Live Drawing settings helped a bit (but just a bit). It's under Preferences/Interface/Options (on the bottom).

I found that having mine set to Higher Quality, Greek Vector Graphics on and Live Screen Drawing set to Immediate worked best (ironically).

Waiting for El Captain to hopefully force adobe for some better graphics management. It's not completely Adobe related, though, that the graphics are so sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't F@#kin use CC anymore.. its sooooo slow..  the main ones.. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop...  simple tasks like changing text ... is super slow..   Bloody fix it Adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

freaking slow with indesign cc with capitan. call the help line chat, but they dump me after asking me to reboot to root! what the hack! adobe! u don't just sit there and collect money yearly and come out with the fix so freaking slow!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. Never posted in the forums before, but I just can't take this anymore. I am not JUST dealing with slowness of CC programs...the WHOLE computer reaction time is SO SLOW.

I am at the point of thinking I need a new computer! I have read all the responses in this thread and haven't seen many speak on the processes of the entire computer being slow. Not just actions in the CC programs. For ex., opening other programs, or initiating another action, such as opening a text doc in Pages,etc. is PAINFULLY slow.

Is anyone else feeling the same pain along side the snail-like response time of EVERYTHING when using any of the CC programs???

For your knowledge, I'm currently on a MacBook Pro 2.4 i7 4GB AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB running El Capitan 10.11. I have an external WD HD for backing up part of the files on my comp.

Any reactions or thoughts are so greatly appreciated. Trying to nail down what I need to spend $$ on to get back to a smoother work flow. Being a young entrepreneur from home = very little funds to make large purchases. So all has to be calculated. If I have to get a new iMac, then so be it. I just need to know wtf is the solution, if other's think it is not JUST CC that is causing the slowness...

All the best from this side of the computer!

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things.

Lots of reported problems with El Capitan and 4GB of RAM is not enough.

That said, try disabling CCLibraries. That seems to help some folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, thanks for the prompt response!

4GB RAM -I know the 4GB is silly small, which I am researching purchasing more and installing myself. However, you think that dramatically effects the efficacy of speed of various actions? Example, this morning I went to change my desktop background. It took probably 45-60 sec. for the stock images to choose from just to show up in the window, let alone my hunting to use one of my personal images. I just get the spinning wheel the whole time. You think that would be related to the 4gb of RAM vs. the background activity of CC on the computer? (didn't have any CC programs open at the time)

El Capitan - I've screwed the pooch in terms of trying to revert to a previous version right? Can't do that I believe.

Disabling CCLibraries - When I go to click on the CC icon in the toolbar that displays a dropdown, the window is blank white and takes foreeever to load anything. So I am not sure how to go about disabling the cloud library to see what effects that has on the overall speed of my comp.

What are you suggestions for an increase in RAM for my situation?

Many thanks again,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you disable CC Libraries on Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much memory is required/recommended?? I have a 2x2.4Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon with 6Gig memory....10.9.5

Same problems; CC suite can't keep up with me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other issue I'm having is printing from Indesign to a Fiery; all the print settings are saved, or even if I go to the page setup/print dialogues to check all the settings and everything's correct - when it hits the fiery/printer, all the settings are gone. Its an intermittent thing that's driving me crazy, since the printer is on another floor....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty it depends on what you're doing. 6 gigs is really, really low to be honest, and I find it odd that you have 6 gigs because it sounds like it's not matched ram. If they're both 3 gigs then that's fine, but if you're running a 2 and 4 it's not really that great for your system.

16 gigs of memory works pretty well for me; very rarely do I want more than that. I continually have Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign open and I'm collaborating projects across all three platforms at the same time quite a bit, but if I'm working a really thick Illustrator project and have some heavy PSDs open, it can definitely bog down my system. I can confidently say I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing now with only 6 gigs of memory; right now I'm using up nearly 14.

I had issues with Fiery at a previous job. I think the remedy was to change the settings in the actual Fiery menu/UI/dialogue, not just within the print settings themselves, otherwise it would'n't save out. Also if you have files print incompletely on large format, check 'Print as Image' and it should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Its  6 1gb modules. 2 slots are open.

I do the same, have all three open all the time and need to go back and forth constantly. Although now I cant open PS and do anything else. I don't print to large format directly so that's not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah if you can boost that ram somehow I'd highly recommend so, and get a SSD as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi Hanna,

put in maximum memory. Revert to CC 2014 or CC. Even CS 6 is lightning fast. Do you need the fancy new things or can it wait until Adobe fix the software. If CS 6 works why should it be wrong with your computer?

More memory is always a good investment, better than a new computer.

Best regards

Lasse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lasse!

Straight forward answers are always best, however not easily "find-able", haha. I am using CC2014, not 2016 yet...

I'll poke around, I think the box version I have is CS5...

Thanks again,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing CC 2014 from Creative Cloud solved all my problems with speed and lag without doing anything mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the point though. Clearly Adobe shouldn't be releasing unstable software. El Capitan fixed a lot of mac-slde issues across the board, but this shit CC is still an unacceptable apprehension of a productive workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan has caused a lot of problems for a lot of users and Adobe users are no different. This is the first time Adobe has not rubber stamped an Apple operating system and why people are in such a hurry to "upgrade" to it is a bit of mystery to me.

‘El Crapitan:’ The biggest problems plaguing early upgraders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My institution has recently replaced CS6 Master Suite with the CC version (the CS6 2-year licence has lapsed, and so has a subsequent grace period).

CC InDesign is unacceptably slow (it takes around 6 minutes to launch via VMware Horizon Client), and I wish to revert back to CS6 InDesign installed on my PC.   For comparison, InDesign (CS6) takes 10 seconds to launch from 'cold' (Win7 x64).

An earlier post mentioned the possibility of installing earlier versions of software:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#topic-3

But the only version visible under 'My Products' via Adobe ID login is the lapsed licence item.

Is there any other way to revert back to ID CS6 running from my PC ?   TIA

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was upgrading to "El Capitan" the very same day of the release in Sweden. CC2015 is slow now, and was slow before. CC2014 and CC is OK. But CS6 is superfast on El Capitan. So whats wrong with El Cap? My iMac27" is Mid 2010 with 26 GB

What happen when I start Illustrator CC 2015? The intro window display twice. Some problems with CC2015 that crashed at launch was solved by Adobe Support (this was before El Cap) but it is still to slow. I have to work so I don't use 2015 anymore until Adobe can upgrade to a stabile version. I don't think you can blame Apple.

Best regards

Lasse Martinell

Apple user since late 80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with Adobe. The latest versions are so slow I can barely get anything done. After searching the internet for help ( I know adobe won't help me) I've tried all the suggestions I could find and now I am resorting to installing older versions. Of course I am paying for the new versions. This seems so incredibly wrong, like I'm being ripped off. And here's this forum that adobe pays no attention to. They have us by the balls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Adobe must understand that it is not wrong with all computers. They have to look at theire software. Speed is more important than fancy functions. You have to convert all 2015 docs to older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I would wade in on this.

I had become frustrated that my iMac was running so slow, and had begun looking into upgrading the hard drive and ram etc.  I couldn't understand why programs were running so slow.

And then I thought I wonder if anyone else is having similar issues - did a search "adobe cc running slow" and suddenly I find there are hundreds of people saying Adobe CC 2015 is running slow. 

OK, so now I'm slightly glad that I've found out I'm not alone, but really not happy that I'm paying Adobe a tidy sum every month to then be slowed down whenever I go to produce anything on CC software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver) - Adobe in case you're not aware this truly affects everybody's income and subsequently our trust in your software. 

It looks like most people are reverting back to previous software, this can't be right when we're all paying subscriptions to be kept up to date with the latest software.  It's outrageous!

So disappointed, and I myself am now in the process of rolling back to CC2014 so I can actually get some work done and then I will deal with the various methods of how to get 2015 running faster.

Can't wait for CC2016!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7pro, adobe CC 2015

ADOBE you need to sort this out. Yesterday the entire office I am working in experienced extremely slow responses from photoshop (like a 7 second delay) in turning layers on and off. This is an office of around 10 designers, who loose around 1-2 hours per day to waiting for a piece of 'improved' software to respond - that's 100 man hours PER WEEK in downtime and lost productivity. We thought it might have been a network problem, but I spoke to my husband in a different location who also had the same problem on the same day! What is going on??? Where is our money going? This is a BIG COSTLY problem, you have very disgruntled customers, and I don't see any responses from adobe personell on this post. What will it take for you to listen? This is a call to any software developers out there who are developing software to compete with photoshop/cc - bring it on, there are an army of people out here ready to jump ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines