Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't open, lost Photoshop, losing work

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple iMac 10.9.5

Two days of trying everything I could find on internet for fixing this problem with no success. Was doing Chat on Friday until connection was lost. Can't get on today.

CC won't start. The icon shows in menu bar for a split second and then disappears. I believe I have tried every solution published in these discussions as well as anything else I could find online. I have now lost Photoshop as well, it has disappeared from my computer. Must have happened when going through all the file deletion processes. I'm in the middle of a big job and dead in the water, will probably miss my deadline. Have been trying to get a live chat for hours. What a mess and I can see I'm not alone. Wish I never went the Creative Cloud route.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Success!

Hope this helps someone in the same situation. (This is for a Mac, OS 10.9.5)

This is what I did.

• Started the computer in SAFE MODE, Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) started.
  • Restarted under regular user mode. CCD did not start.
  • Removed all login items from System Preferences > Users & Groups (I think this step could be skipped and only tried if the following doesn't work.)
  • Go to Library folder. Rename LaunchAgents folder to LaunchAgents_old and Launch Daemons folder to Launch Daemons_old
  • Create n

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know from your posting if the following is something you already tried or not, but here it is in case it helps...

App doesn't open | Progress wheel spins continually

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned but yes, I have tried all this, multiple times, with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried launching the Creative Cloud app from Root user account ?

Also may  I know whether you gave permission to main 2 libraries ?

Did you followed the steps provided in the below post ??

Creative Cloud won't launch on Mac OS 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn,

Yes to all. Also spent a couple of hours with the help chat line and then more time while the remotely ran my computer. I lost them when switching to the root user but still the same results. No luck getting CC started. Frustrating to say the least as I spent the entire day trying to get this resolved. (Not to mention doing the same most of last Friday.) I can't believe how difficult this has become.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry to hear that .

Did you tried uninstalling the Application and reinstalling the same when you were logged in to Root use account once ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't installed any Adobe app yet , let me know .

I will provide you some steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried unistallin and reinstalling in Root with no success.

However, I did just try opening Creative Cloud in safe mode and it worked in both my user account and Root. I was hoping that would be the cure but when I restarted in regular mode CC would not start, same problem. So I guess now I have to figure out where the conflict is. Any thoughts on the best way to go about this?

"If you haven't installed any Adobe app yet , let me know ." – I have many Adobe apps installed. Have been using Adobe products for decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case , it is necessary to check Error log files to find out the cause .

If you haven't ran Disk Utility yet , run it and repair disk permissions .

Better to contact Adobe Support via Live chat once and have a check.

Still no issue , you need to check for crash report in Error log .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!

Hope this helps someone in the same situation. (This is for a Mac, OS 10.9.5)

This is what I did.

• Removed all login items from System Preferences > Users & Groups (I think this step could be skipped and only tried if the following doesn't work.)
  • Go to Library folder. Rename LaunchAgents folder to LaunchAgents_old and Launch Daemons folder to Launch Daemons_old
  • Create new folders called LaunchAgents and Launch Daemons.
  • Move all items NOT containing the name Adobe from the "old" folders and put them in their respective new folders.
  • Go to ~/Library and do the same thing with LaunchAgents folder.
  • Restart the computer and see if CCD opens. Mine DID!!!
  • Using the uninstall Creative Cloud, uninstall. Then reinstall CCD. (This should put new items in the LaunchAgent folders.)
  • Restart the computer and see if CCD works. Mine Did and I seem to be good to go.

I'm not sure which files in the LaunchAgents folders were the culprits but everything seems to be working fine. I sure wish I had done this three days ago and saved myself a lot of grief. Adobe should add this to their list of things to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, will definitely share with other who are facing similar issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to have worked for me. I skipped the 3rd step, remove all login items, and did everything else and CC is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DannyG2! I was having the same issue over the last couple of days. your fix worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this (several times, both with and without removing login items but I never had a Launch Daemons folder in my App Support, only LaunchAgents), and every other solution that seems to exist on the internet, including the ones involving force quitting items in the Activity Monitor, using the Creative Cloud Uninstaller, using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool, and every combination thereof.

I am absolutely stuck!

The best I can ever achieve is that a gap appears in my taskbar where the CC icon should appear, but then it never loads and eventually the gap vanishes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried launching from Root User account ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely solved my issues. Thank you for the concise, correct solution without having to follow a million threads down a million rabbit holes! Cheers to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Create new folders called LaunchAgents and Launch Daemons.
  • Move all items NOT containing the name Adobe from the "old" folders and put them in their respective new folders.
  • Go to ~/Library and do the same thing with LaunchAgents folder.
  • Restart the computer and see if CCD opens. Mine DID!!!
  • Using the uninstall Creative Cloud, uninstall. Then reinstall CCD. (This should put new items in the LaunchAgent folders.)
  • Restart the computer and see if CCD works. Mine Did and I seem to be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem - the CCD logo was missing from the menu bar.  My solution was to search on the Adobe Community Site for "reinstall CCD."  Shortly a pop-up appeared offering me the option to download and install Creative Cloud Desktop. I did that, and the desktop app was immediately re=installed. It now works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines