• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative could desktop app: update error code 214

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it normal I have also "adobe creative cloud desktop" installed when I have only installed the products "photoshop elements 2021" en "premiere elements 2021"? Or can I uninstall it?

The problem is I cannot run the CC app: when I start it, it tries it tries to update and that fails with the error 214 (download problem?)

I've already tried to install a new downloaded setup of CC desktop but the installation fails also with the same error after some % download progress.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

hi kglad,

the reset did not help.

it was indeed my anti-virus software.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try to reset the cc app which will require you to start it, and before it encounters that error type:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, this is from Jeff A Wright​

Error 214 means the manifest for downloaded files is incorrect.  For information on how to resolve download errors please see Error downloading Creative Cloud applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html.  I believe it is likely your security software or firewall are interfering with the download process this is why you are receiving the current error.

p.s. you can run cc programs, including premiere elements and pse, without the cc desktop app, but you would be foregoing the the file sharing and update notificiations among other services for which you're paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi kglad,

the reset did not help.

it was indeed my anti-virus software.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue

JEE, NEET, Class 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Exam Preparation App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same response, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines