• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 2 Premium Authorization

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid ~$1000 in 2006 for Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium (perpetual license).  I still have the install disks, serial number, and successfully installed it on a Win10 PC and it works fine (my old computer is long gone and no devices show up in my product account).  However, it says I need an activation code or I only have 30 days to use it. 

I had hoped my kids could learn it, and don't feel like paying $20-60 per month for the modern subscription.  Is there any way to get an Activation code so the product is perpetually licensed, which is what I paid for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

I'm sorry, but there isn't. Perpetual licenses really aren't. Over time, hardware and operating system technology have changed so much that old programs often won't run on the new platforms.

In Adobe's case, the equipment that hosted the activation servers for CS1 through CS4 couldn't be maintained anymore, and the activation software can't be run on modern equipment. Those servers have been retired. It is no longer possible to activate CS 1 through 4 nor any of the programs that were included

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but there isn't. Perpetual licenses really aren't. Over time, hardware and operating system technology have changed so much that old programs often won't run on the new platforms.

In Adobe's case, the equipment that hosted the activation servers for CS1 through CS4 couldn't be maintained anymore, and the activation software can't be run on modern equipment. Those servers have been retired. It is no longer possible to activate CS 1 through 4 nor any of the programs that were included in those suites.

Creative Suites 5, 5.5, and 6 can still be activated if you have the installation files.

Creative Suites 5 through Creative Suites 6 are no longer supported by Adobe employees except for help reducing the number of activations if the limit is reached.

Beware of scammers who may try to contact you directly claiming to have installable versions of a Creative Suite. There is no legal method to buy those programs and you will be out money and possibly infected with ransomware or malware if you buy from them.

Many of these scammers have the word ADOBE as part of their user names, and they also often have an email address of that includes "adobecares" or use the domain outlook.com. If someone does contact you, use the Report button so their accounts can be deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me.

I understand and I don't expect any software company to support anything forever. However, I just installed it and it is working just fine. All I need is the authorization code (or override) and it is new again. Someone should be able to disable the 30-day limit on my registered version (I can see it when I log into my Adobe account). It is probably just a matter of entering my UID and a few mouse clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to happen, I'm afraid. The activation servers to activate the software and remove the 30 day limit no longer exist. The software is dead.

You'll get 30 days and that'll be the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code you're talking about was generated by the activation servers, which no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to activate that old program

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS2-CS3-CS4 are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS2-CS3-CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines