Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 can't run on new laptop [CS3 IS DEAD]

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've downloaded CS3 to my new laptop (dell i7 processor) running on Windows 10 but the program won't start. My old laptop runs on Windows 7 and I have no problem. Is there a compatibility issue with my new laptop?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

CS3 is 15 years old and officially dead now.  The aged out activation servers for CS1, CS2, CS3 and CS4 are gone.   There is no possible way to activate the software beyond a trial period, sorry.

If you want support, you need new software.

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shtan,

As you have mentioned you have purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and would like to use Adobe CS3 products on it however the products doesn't work or launch.

Adobe CS 3 is a very old software and the operating system you are using is the latest, hence there could be compatibility issues as adobe has not tested these products on the latest operating systems.

However, you can try downloading & installing the a fresh setup for Adobe CS 3 from the following link: Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products.​

If you still face any issue installing the software then please refer to: Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8.

Let us know if this helps.

(Moving this thread to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ community)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bani Verma. I downloaded from the link and yet the program will not launch. Going to try the other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar problem: I successfully installed Photoshop CS3 on two older laptops, a 13 year old Dell Vostro and a ca. 5 year old Toshiba Satellite, both runnning Windows 10. Last Fall, I bought a new Dell Vostro with an Intel I7 core and Windows 10. I tried repeatedly to install and run Photoshop CS3 on it. Photoshop would start to open, but wouldn't open completely. Bridge CS3 wouldn't open at all. The only suggested solution I found was to install it to something other than the default location. I tried that, but it didn't work, even when I tried to run them under older compatibility modes. There were no error messages.

Today, I tried one last time before giving up, and it worked. I should say at the outset that I had previously downloaded the no-activation-required installation file, which may no longer be available from Adobe. This time, when I started Photoshop, I got the error message, "Licensing for this product has stopped working." That led me to the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool. After running the tool and starting Photoshop, it asked me to enter my serial number. Once I did that, the program ran just fine (I'm using Vista compatibility mode, though I don't know whether that is necessary). When I started Bridge CS3, I got the message, "Adobe Bridge requires Pentium 4, Celeron Core Duo, or Core 2 compatible processor." It warned me that if I proceded, the program might run suboptimally. I went ahead anyway, and it seems to be running just fine, including Camera Raw, which is what I most wanted.

Bottom line, even if you don't see the "licensing for this program" error message, you might try running the licensing repair tool anyway. If you don't have the no-activation installation file, you may be out of luck. Best of luck. I know how frustrating this is. The more people give in to the subscription software model, the more companies will be inclined to adopt it.

Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3 is 15 years old and officially dead now.  The aged out activation servers for CS1, CS2, CS3 and CS4 are gone.   There is no possible way to activate the software beyond a trial period, sorry.

If you want support, you need new software.

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

The more people give in to the subscription software model, the more companies will be inclined to adopt it.

========

Too late.  These days, you won't find much worth having that ISN'T by subscription unless you use freeware.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are compatibility issues trying to run really old programs on Win10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply John T Smith. I shall certainly attempt your recommendation although it does sound complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you will be able to figure out what John T Smith suggested! Good luck with it!

I do encourage you to take a look at Adobe's Creative Cloud subscriptions since CS3 is rather outdated now and there is clearly an issue with it running on newer model machines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines