• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 disallowed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Just ran across the "correct" answer to my question re "Had CS6, tried to reinstall on new PC and couldn't find S/N" looking through email in my folder. Ultimately found S/N but still didn't work.  Was told that Adobe sold batches of S/Ns to dealers who later sold them on eBay, and Adobe eventually disallowed same.  The "correct" answer is copied below, and I wanted to bring up a couple points none of the previous responses did.  Below is the "correct" answer:

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2021

==========

That's a shame. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Goodbye & good luck with your future endeavors.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Ms. O'Shea,

That seems rather self-congratulatory to me.  Those were legitimate serial numbers, which Adobe SOLD to a dealer who later legitimately sold on eBay.  Adobe later disallowed the LEGITIMATE sale and S/Ns, apparently because the dealer sold them for a lower profit margin than Adobe preferred, and because a lot of people have been hanging on to CS6 because it was the last version of Adobe's software before Adobe went to the RENTAL model, and a lot of people object to renting software and paying, in the end, much more than they used to pay. Adobe's marketing apparently decided to try to FORCE this group of customers to switch to CC by disallowing their S/Ns.  Again, these were LEGITIMATE serial numbers, and the sales on eBay were LEGITIMATE sales.  Adobe's RETROACTIVE disallowance of those S/Ns, YEARS later, was NOT HONORABLE.  Fortunately, there ARE alternatives to the Adobe products I use, and many people have been quitting Adobe for such alternatives.  It's your own fault.

TMHatter

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>dealer who later legitimately sold on eBay

Adobe sold blocks of serial numbers to businesses for internal use, not to dealers to re-sell

So those sales on an auction site were not legal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the only person to explain that.  That IS obviously a valid reason for disallowing those purchases.  My point about people hanging onto CS6 because they didn't want to rent software, and seeking out other software options for their needs, remains.

--TMHatter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that there are several reasons that people want to keep using CS6, but the simple fact is that it is from 2012 and Adobe stopped selling it very soon after subscription based sales started

While it may be possible to find an honest seller on ebay there are also a lot of fakes and/or volume licenses that are not allowed to be re-sold... with the further risk of buying a hacked version that will send stolen information to the hacker

On the Windows side it is still possible to use CS6 programs, all the way up to Windows 10 (sometimes with some extra work)

On the Mac side CS6 will not install at all on Catalina and forward, since Apple did not maintain any backward compatibility mode such as may be done with Windows 10

For photo/video editing Adobe has http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html for a one time fee

For anything else that is in an Adobe subscription there are alternatives to be found... which of course will not work for someone who 'must' use Adobe programs due to project sharing with someone

But, back to the original subject, and for anyone else who reads this

NO dealer on ebay or any other site will have a serial number and a download that is legal... no matter what the dealer says about the source of the serial number(s) Adobe will, eventually, catch the illegal sale and the number will be disallowed

If buying from an individual, a serial number transfer is required

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Extra steps that may be needed for Windows 10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Extra steps that WILL be needed for Mac Sierra

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines