• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 installation from original disk on second mac

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use my original CS6 disks to install a copy on a second mac running mojave? If so, can I avoid deactivating CS6 on my first mac?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe license has always allowed 2 activations

If the program doesn't want to install, read this... may not be needed for your operating system

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it both ways: After typing in my serial number a black window pops up "Please connect to the internet" and two buttons saying "connect later" and "try again". I am definetly connect to the internet.  Tried multiple hits of "try again", same result. I didn't want to hit "connect later" as that seems to start a 7-day window to verify my serial number. The number is correct and is what I used on the first mac for the same install. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports TLS 1.0 and 1.1. Please check your system that you're enabled the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 protocol.

For more infos take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html#faq

Also upgrade your browsers to enable TLS 1.2 connections.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I understand that Safari 14.1.2, which I run, has TLS 1.2 automatically enabled.  The other link you sent points to a system fix for TLS 1.2 for Windows. However, I'm on a Mac. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After very choppy comunication with Adobe level 3 I was told that the reason I can't install CS6 is that Adobe does not support my DVD license anymore. They are asking now $299.95 for a digital CS6 license. The CS6 I bought came with a PERPETUAL LICENSE, so I am not going to pay 300 bucks for something I already own. Adobe made my DVD license unusable, not me. They should replace it for a license that works, free of charge, and honor their original commitment of a perpetual license. This has the stench of exortion to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are asking now $299.95 for a digital CS6 license. 

By @defaultp48elrybqelk

That sounds like a scam.  Adobe doesn't sell CS6 any longer.

Are you sure that you were talking with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was contacted through this forum by **scam email address**@outlook.com

Maybe it is a scam. But how do I contact Adobe about my issue? I can't find anything but this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign into your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser) and only ask to have your activations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Maybe it is a scam

ABSOLUTELY a scam... Adobe has a domain, it does NOT use outlook for email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bob, yes, it was a scam. 

So I was able to install CS6 on my 2014 Mac mini (Mojave) from my orginal dvd. However, the installer would not connect to the internet so I chose the "connect later" option. That installed it, but gave me a warning that it would stop working in 7 days. When I started Photoshop it prompted me to validate/activate it, but again would not connect to Adobe. That dialog box has since not reappeared. So what to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines