• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Installer failed to initialize Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem - Mac Sierra

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION for Mac-Sierra Installation:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) on the installer (RED icon) and choose Show Package Contents.

2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.

Shout out to: Ajinkya Borade

Holy F adobe. Why do I have to download more bloatware to initiate the installer? Ridiculous. It's bad enough my PC version has an unremovable and running application in my task bar. And, I can never get any work done because the GD acrobat application is jumping rope every 2 days in my dock for some update. Does the product manager even use this stuff?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Nope - Adobe software is compatible. It's the installer that is broken. How hard is it to make a note in the zip to open the terminal script? It should take someone there all of 5 minutes to put that note in there in a readable format. It would have saved me a couple of hours reading through half baked solutions in the forum. Ultimately, I found the answer as a comment to a you tube video (that also had it wrong).

I believe it is an incentive problem at the heart of it - The math: $CS6 + $CC > $

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is sierra (os 10.12) and high sierra (os 10.13) are not compatible with older software.  register a complaint with apple, too.

adobe's posted a work-around which you seem to no longer need:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - Adobe software is compatible. It's the installer that is broken. How hard is it to make a note in the zip to open the terminal script? It should take someone there all of 5 minutes to put that note in there in a readable format. It would have saved me a couple of hours reading through half baked solutions in the forum. Ultimately, I found the answer as a comment to a you tube video (that also had it wrong).

I believe it is an incentive problem at the heart of it - The math: $CS6 + $CC > $CS6

SOLUTION for Mac-Sierra Installation:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) on the installer (RED icon) and choose Show Package Contents.

2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.

"helpx" is no where to be found...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did install it that way with the work around because it failed to initialize. My fonts are still pixelated even after the re-install. It's not a small font issue on the screen as suggested above. The fonts are not rendering properly. When I use other applications - like MS Word or PPT, the fonts are clean and crisp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem loading CS6 on a new iMac with High Sierra. I worked that it will accept downloads from any where. My problem is that when I try this: Right-click (or Control-click) on the installer (RED icon) and choose Show Package Contents. When I right click the installer icon, it doesn't give me the menu to choose show package contents, it just keeps opening and won't install because of a missing file. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out, you can't right click the install icon, you have to control click it. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I would like to add my thanks to the "show package" solution.

However, I was not able to launch the installer from the Contents/MacOS folder simply by double-clicking. I had to launch Terminal and DRAG the installer file into the Terminal window. Success — at least as far as installing, launching and creating a new file goes. More later as I put the CS5.5 though its paces.

There's a helpx page on this, written for 10.12, but it seems to work with 10.13: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

This whole problem came to light when one of my co-workers accidentally upgraded to High Sierra. We had purchased ID CS4 for everyone (affordable, permanent), which works fine with Sierra, but completely dissolves under High Sierra. Hard way to find out!

SPEC'S: I'm running a late 2010 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM, macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting your solution!  Dragging the install package into the terminal was needed to fix my issue as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tried all of the above for indesign cs 4, but the installation process wont finalize. I get a window saying 'system profile is being checked (this my translation from the dutch message into english). The dark line almost completely fills with blue, indicating it's almost finished, but then it freezes.

This is the text that occurred in the terminal window:

Last login: Thu Nov  1 13:55:15 on ttys000

iMac-van-Annemieke:~ Annemieke$ /Volumes/Adobe\ InDesign\ CS4/Adobe\ InDesign\ CS4/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup

Begin Adobe Setup

UI mode: Full GUI

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

It has a lot of errors, so something is wrong, but I have no idea how to solve them. Does any of you know?

By the way, I have a cd of CS4 but my computer doesn't have a cd drive, so I downloaded the file for indesign to try. I didn't try photoshop, illustrator and acrobat pro yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem trying to update CS5. "Error: unsupported compressor 8".

I have tried booting into Safe Mode, but that has not worked either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !!!

THANK YOU !!!

THANK YOU !!!

That worked !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines