• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 on Mac. Problems validating my serial number

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that someone can help me on this forum because Chat Support couldn't solve the problem. 

I tried to re-install CS6 Design standard from the DVD I bought years ago on an older Mac with OS 10.11.6

I did this because I need an older program that isn't supported anymore on the new versions that I normally use. 

When I launch Photoshop, the application manager is activated and tries to validate my serial number. Then I get a window saying that I must be online. So it thinks I'm offline but I am not.  The links in the window are going nowhere. 

I contacted Adobe and they sent me an email with instructions. I followed them all but with no result. 

- I have access tot the Adobe activation servers. A test was succesful.

- I ran the limited access repair tool but 0 files were reset. 

- I opened the host file manually but there was no Adobe related entry.

- I can access secure sites without any problem. 

- The global sign Root CA certificate is enabled and valid till 2028. 

I restarted my computer but all stays the same, with the window 'Make connection with the internet and try again (to validate the serial number)' popping up again. 

I hope someone has an answer to this. 

I would be very grateful!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

A friendly assistant from the contact center helped me with an offline process to validate the serial number. It was rather complicated but succesful. 
Problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system and browsers must support secure TLS 1.2 connections or you can't connect to Adobe's activation servers. See links below.

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But AFAIK they can still be activated from macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for replying. 

I updated my OS to macOS Sierra but still have the same problem. 

I also ran the different steps from the mail again, but with no result. 

I always keep getting the same window as described earlier. 

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it another try.

On my Mac I have now macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Safari 12.1.2, freshly installed. 

I have downloaded two different (language) versions of CS6 from my account but couldn't install neither of them. Message on the screen is: Can not install. Maybe a file is missing. 

I tried a new install from my DVD (CS6 Design Standard, Education Edition) with serial number but the same window pops up (no connection with internet although I am online). 

When I now try the help function I get the two logos in the first step but can't get a 'pong' anymore. The pop-up says: 400 Bad Request. Request header or cookie too large. openresty. 

So I'm stuck again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 wasn't made for Sierra. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friendly assistant from the contact center helped me with an offline process to validate the serial number. It was rather complicated but succesful. 
Problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem can I ask how you made contact with someone in the contact centre to help? I am not having much luck just being told to search forum etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 is discontinued & unsupported now.

Check your serial number or activation codes (for volume license holders) below.

https://account.adobe.com/products

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/volume-licensing-site.html

Support can't help with anything CS6 related except an activation count reset.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines