• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs6 registration

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought cs6 from ebay origional box and dvd with serial numbers and all, I have put it on my computer and it works well I got a message saying I have to register it within seven days or it will stop working, but when I tried to register it I got the message it was already in use, how can I resolve this problem thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not yet try out Creative Cloud programs:

You very probably bought a product that has been activated twice before. You can only activate twice, all other activations will be refused. You need to file a claim on eBay and hope that you get a refund.

If you did try out Creative Cloud on this computer, it may be that CC things you installed the subscription version of CS6 (same software, different activation). You may find more information here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/cs6-reverts-to-trial-mode-years-after...

However, my point 1 may still be valid, and it is very probable that this is the problem!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it say you need to "register" it, or "activate" it?

actually, embedding a screenshot of the message would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it said register but it only pops up for a short moment so would not be able to screen shot it, what would be the difference between registration and activation? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registration is unnecessary and expected to not be possible with non-current adobe software. 

activation is necessary for use beyond a trial period.

if activation is the issue, you have probably be sold something that will need to be returned, BUT there is a chance of assistance from adobe support.  they can reeset the activation count and thereby allow two installations and activations.  that's the only help  you can get from adobe with non-current software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its an old cs6 box with disk and serial number that I bought of Ebay its genuine, are you saying that I dont have to worry about registering it with Adobe anymore. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need to register but almost certainly the seller did not get permission to transfer his/her legal license.  ie, having a legal copy with a legit serial number doesn't remove your risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is not working either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought cs6 from ebay original box and dvd with serial number...

=======

eBay is no place to buy software.  How can you be certain it's a legitimate copy, not pirated -- because some stranger on eBay told you so?  Did you get an official transfer of ownership from Adobe?  If not, it's highly suspicious.  Read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/genuine/faq.html

The only reason to register your software is for product support.  But that's a moot point now since CS6 is discontinued and unsupported.   It has not been sold legally in any country since 2017 when Adobe took Creative Suite off the shelf.  Hopefully you didn't put malware-infected disks into your machine.   Good luck with that!  Be sure to run a thorough virus and spyware scan of your computer.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to activate the software to work with it. that's where you enter the serial number to get rid of the 7 days trial. If the serial number is in use, you can't activate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted the seller he said to send it back to him and he will give me a refund, So now I'm looking at paint shop pro, a one off payment for life, that will do me, Thanks for all the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines