• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Reinstall

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acct. shows the registered Photoshop CS6 Ext SN that I purchased from them as a student, (which I believe only entitled me to installed one copy).  I believe I originally installed it from the disk.  My computer failed so I can't deactivate it, and I want to install it on my new one.  I read how I could go into account management to deactivate it that way, but when I go there, it says I have no activated devices and in products, under my CS6 SN there is a download button.  Does that mean I'm good to go??? I would be downloading it to Windows 10.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can still have your activation count reset.  contact adobe support and request just that (an activation count reset), and request nothing else about cs6 or you will be denied.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1635608205262.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. let us know if you're able to reactivate.  lately, there's been a lot of people saying you cannot reactivate as you'll probably see in the next day or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>computer failed so I can't deactivate it

When you can't deactivate a serial number (this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for CS5/CS6)
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

> believe only entitled me to installed one copy

Not so... all versions allowed 2 activations

If you actually have the special education version your serial number will ONLY work with that special version, and the education version is not available as a download... if you actually bought the regular version, the download on your account will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My response is delayed because I waited for my grandson to visit and handle the situation to be sure I didn't mess it up.  Your comment that I was allowed two copies proved to be the fix.  On my online account under my photoshop Serial Number there was an inviting download button, that allowed me to download my second copy!   I didn't contact anyone for a reset, especially since both you and kglad indicated it might be ify.  Thanks so much for your help!   I just checked my account and it still says I have "No activated devices"?  My download is CS6 Extended, version 13.0 x 32.  Camera Raw vers 7.0.0.308 and Filter Gallery vers. 13.0.  So, in photoshop, do I simply click on "updates" in the pulldown help menu?  I have a feeling that would be too easy, and I'd appreciate your advice on where I go from here.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my previous reply, I found the 64 bit version on my computer...So, it's version 13.0 x 64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, Adobe no longer has any external update links available... so the ONLY way to get any updates is from inside the program... and that may not work if the updates have been removed from the server

A great many of us here were upset when Adobe removed the links, but there is nothing anyone here may do to influence the manager(s) who made that decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines