• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 serial number revoked despite valid registration

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Active case number ADB-33992058-V1T0) I recently completed a transfer of license for the CS6 Master Collection; the serial number is currently registered in my Adobe account. But when I install the software and am prompted to activate it, I am told that my serial number is revoked, despite my valid registration and no misuse since!

I have been tearing my hair out in conversations with Adobe support. The first agent to speak to me indicated that the serial number was decommissioned due to non-use. A strange reason, but okay - surely it can be reinstated on request? But no - the next agent I spoke to simply said that the serial number was "no longer valid" (but would not explain why). He also claimed that, as I bought the software from an unauthorized reseller, I would not get to activate the software - but who else would transfer an (in-use) license in the first place? The transfer policy makes no mention of authorized resellers.

Then I spoke to another agent over the phone, who variously claimed that the license expired (why would I get to transfer it?) and that the serial number is invalid (always invalid? Not "no longer"?). And, most aggravating of all, both of the last two agents kept trying to sell me a subscription that I obviously have no interest in, given my troubles in procuring a copy of Creative Suite. And just to get this out of the way - if this does not work out, no, I will still not be purchasing any subscriptions, but rather move on to other products entirely.

As my attempts to talk to Adobe support have gone nowhere, I am taking up the offer sent to me by e-mail to consult the community in hope that I can get help this way. As I have followed all the rules in transferring a license that was clearly considered valid a priori, all I ask is to be allowed to use the software I have paid for - that Adobe honor my registered license. And if there is truly a problem with said license, I would at least like a definitive answer for why. So far, I have spoken to three agents and gotten four different answers!

As mentioned at the beginning, for those of you able to review support cases - because my perusal of the forums indicate that some of you can - I have an ongoing open case, ADB-33992058-V1T0.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

@lnh4s I am sorry that you can no longer use the Creative Suite 6 license you purchased. I reviewed case ADB-33992058-V1T0 and can confirm that the serial number is no longer valid. I would encourage you to purchase future Adobe software or services from Adobe directly at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&xProduct=&mv=other&mv2=ahome&xProductLocation=#category=creativity-design or from an authorized Adobe reseller.

Please see https://www.adobe.com/partners/partnerfinders.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's nothing legal you can do without going through adobe support (which i see you've tried).

did you comply with http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have. I cited the very same document in the original post, and, as mentioned above, the transfer request has already been approved for me. The serial number in question is registered in my Adobe account now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you won't get more help here unless an adobe employee sees this.  the rest of us can only supply information, but not do anything helpful to you other than try to flag an employee, eg @Jeff_A_Wright 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! If I had known how to flag employees - indeed, if I knew that this was possible - I'd have done it myself.

And yes, that was kind of the idea - that an employee might see this and help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure JAW will be able to help, but if he can help, i'm pretty sure he will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The case number I mentioned above now appears as "Resolved" in my list of support cases - even though I talked to support about my forum activity and specifically asked them to keep the case open in connection with the same! It's almost as if support is actively sabotaging my efforts.

Am I now going to have to start a new support case from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know the answer to that, but suggest you wait for jaw's input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the software from?

Was it an educational version?

Was it originally purchased from Best Buy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob 

the op obtained an adobe license transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

Yes, but transferred from where?  A seller on eBay or Amazon?  Maybe it is an educational license that can't be transferred.

If the original purchaser bought it from Best Buy, there were some licenses sold to Best Buy by Adobe that were limited and had expiration dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess we'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I obtained the software second-hand, as reflected by the existing registration and its transfer to me. I don't know if the previous owner got the software from Best Buy. However, it definitely was not an educational license; it would have been clearly marked as such on the box. More importantly, if it were educational, I wouldn't have gotten the license transferred. I'm aware of the policy that educational products don't qualify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the additional information.  still looking forward to jaw's input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lnh4s I am sorry that you can no longer use the Creative Suite 6 license you purchased. I reviewed case ADB-33992058-V1T0 and can confirm that the serial number is no longer valid. I would encourage you to purchase future Adobe software or services from Adobe directly at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&xProduct=&mv=other&mv2=ahome&xProductLo... or from an authorized Adobe reseller.

Please see https://www.adobe.com/partners/partnerfinders.html to access the Adobe Partner finder and locate an authorized reseller in your area, @lnh4s .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright I'm sorry, but this is not a very helpful answer. I still do not know why the serial is number no longer valid - what, concretely, is wrong with it? More importantly, why would it have been valid at the time of transfer, but not now? Otherwise, as noted by others above, I got transferred a no-longer-valid license, which is absurd.

As for purchasing Adobe software in the future - not a chance! I've already spent hundreds of dollars for this and am not spending a cent more, especially on a recurring basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you buying CS6 anyway, legit or not? It won't run on modern Macs and presumably will have problems in the future with Windows, its obvious that Adobe is cutting off support aggressively for older software, and its missing a lot of modern features and tools. Maybe its time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'll move on - to a competitor's product! If it's really missing so much and so hard to run, why should there be so many additional, artificial roadblocks set up to using it for those who would otherwise be able to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only you can make a value judgement there. I am just saying that it was probably a mistake to buy CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@lnh4s 

hope you're the recipient of some offsetting good fortune.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that they did a license transfer as the support window for CS6 has passed. Adobe seems to be all over the place WRT licensing and activation for older products, you may just be out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. what a surprise that a license transfer would be granted for a revoked license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I hope it gets fixed. I'm not an advocate for using old software in most cases but I also don't like the direction that Adobe is going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines