• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6ServiceManager.exe - System Error

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your cmputer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I can't find the program on my computer, or on the Adobe website. Having trouble tracking down a solution. Any advice?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

I realize this is an ancient post, but for those attempting to resolve this issue, you'll need to repair .NET Framework 4, and Visual C++ runtimes 2008 SP1 and 2010.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/the-program-cant-start-becuase-msvcr100dll-is/5c9d301a-2191-4edb-916e-5e4958558090

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

What operating system are you on? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Might try running the Windows updates on the system.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. Curious, is there not a way to reinstall

that program? I will run the update and let you know if it is a fix.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

Are you still having this issue?

Reinstalling might fix it. I did see that file in certain Adobe application installation directories. What program were you launching when getting the error?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Yes, I am still having the issue after updating Windows. I had not actually

tried to open an Adobe program. The pop up began without trying to open

anything. I restarted the computer but the problem began again without me

opening any Adobe program.

I tried searching for a program with the name listed on the error but

couldn't find one. I would have reinstalled the program, but don't know

what to reinstall.

A web search for the program gave me the same empty result, which is why I

gave you guys a shout.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our software relies on some of the built in parts of Windows. I'm wondering if this update might help resolve the issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. I'll give it a try when I get home this evening and let you

know what happens.

I appreciate you getting back with me so quickly.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I am having this same error while using After Effects, I tried repairing my Microsoft .NET framework from that link you provided Jim, but to no avail. I'm aware that this is not an Adobe issue, but may be a root cause, my system now says "Catalyst Control Center: Host Application is not longer responding" when it boots up on my desktop. I am running 64bit on Windows 7.Stupid Error.JPG

This is the error that appears on my logon screen and my desktop when I boot up my computer, any insight?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NxtMindReader,

I noticed your message relates to a slightly different dll file, MSVCR100.dll versus the original MSVCP100.dll. Both of these are located in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder for me and part of Windows.

Do you have these files in that directory? Both of these I believe are related of the .NET Framework library.

I'll do some research from my side and let you know what I find out.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I didn't realize it was a different dll file, sorry about that. Also, sorry for the late response. The directory you mentioned, "C:\Windows\SysWOW64", contains both MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll. I also may mention that the error I posted a picture of only appeared today, though the only change to my system was being turned off over night, this may be some kind of corruption in my .dll files, though I'm not certain. When I start After Effects, "Initializing MediaCore" lasts a minimum of 45 seconds on my screen, while my attempts to start the program last around 5-10 minutes until I finally recieve an error on the splash screen:

FistErrorSplash.JPG

I also may mention that before the crash message I am prompted with this:

QTerrer.JPG

I am 100% sure QT is installed, and I actually have un-installed and re-installed twice, but to no avail.

It has suddenly dawned on me that this may be a more complicated error than what Jim is experiencing... Also, I would like to thank you for helping me with this.

Thanks

-Nxt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any insight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NxtMindReader, Yeah, it sounds like you might have more going on than Jim. I think I would first uninstall After Effects and QuickTime and then reinstall them in different environment than you are working in now. Maybe try reinstalling and launching from the Windows built in Administrator account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an ancient post, but for those attempting to resolve this issue, you'll need to repair .NET Framework 4, and Visual C++ runtimes 2008 SP1 and 2010.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/the-program-cant-start-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, it took me a bit, but I finally found a solution.

Get this file:  Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Ce...

Double click to install and see that it creates a temp directory to unpack and install. While it give you a dialogue box to agree to the terms and conditions, ignore that box and jump over to C drive Local disk and there you will find a folder named in some random numbers ---> C:\dc417584c1b9cb9aa82e7ae2e6 - See the images.

JUST LEAVE THIS SCREEN WHERE IT IS (DO NOT CLICK INSTALL OR CANCEL)

This could also be called vc_red.cab

DON'T GRAB THE FILES SHOWN, grab the F_CENTRAL_msvcr100_x86 and F_CENTRAL_msvcp100_x86 , save them to a empty folder on the desktop, then copy the files to-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager     folder.

Rename them to msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll respectively.

That's what finally did the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and it first did not work because the link you provided was for the x64 bit version of the redistributable.  Here is the link for the x86 version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Only when using the x86 download and then following your instructions in putting those two dll files in place did it solve my issue with that error message appearing on every windows boot.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to StandardTuning and david.silvernail, I solved my issue as well!

(I had the following error msg:

'cs6 servicemanager.exe system error the program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solutions have already been posted in this thread. However, it did not feel good to install more frameworks to my computer in order to run a hidden service that Adobe has not revealed or documented the purpose of. So I solved the issue by simply denying myself Read & Execute rights to the file, which you can find here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\CS6ServiceManager.exe

So far: no more error messages and no functionality lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines