• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHTMARE: CASE ADB-22786237-C1V1

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had yet unresolved issue updating or downloading my creative cloud to my Macbook Air.
This has been going on since 01/11/2022 with no end in sight.

Does anyone know a way to speak with someone other than the customer service hotline?

I'm at my wits end trying to get this issue resolved. I have been getting the run-around from the customer service team for over 7 weeks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to share the details of the issue in these user-to-user forums in case someone can help you here?

We're not privy to Adobe case numbers here so any info you can share will help.

Operating system, error messages, which apps you're having difficulty with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the Error Code 146 when installing the Creative Cloud on my
Macbook Air.

I've tried all troubleshooting and have been working with the *Adobe
Customer Service since 01/11/22 to resolve this issue.*

The issue has been escalated to the Senior Engineering team for a month now.
However, no resolution has been achieved and it is *nearly impossible to
connect with anyone who can help me.*

Is there another Avenue I can take to get this issue resolved?
Emailing and the 800 number is not working.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the Error Code 146 when installing the Creative Cloud on my Macbook Air.
I've tried all troubleshooting and have been working with the Adobe Customer Service since 01/11/22 to resolve this issue.

The issue has been escalated to the Senior Engineering team for a month now.
However, no resolution has been achieved and it is nearly impossible to connect with anyone who can help me.

Is there another Avenue I can take to get this issue resolved?
Emailing and the 800 number is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I am sorry that you continue to encounter Error 146.  I am showing that case ADB-22786237-C1V1 is currently scheduled for a callback.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to make any updates to the active support case.  Please use this process to give any updated instructions about the currently requested callback.

I can confirm that you have encountered this error for a while; John, I see that the support case has been escalated twice.

Error 146 typically occurs because the downloaded installation files are being blocked from being moved.  Additional information on the error can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you've told us it's a MacBook Air. People who can help still need to know the following:

• Processor
  • RAM
  • OS version

Edited: The Adobe employee I was going to ask to look at this has already responded while I was typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does your device meet the minimum CPU & GPU requirements to run Creative Cloud?

Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

2. Have you tried creating a new Mac user profile that has administrative permissions?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Mac is running on macOS Monerey.

The adobe help team tried all the suggested solutions.

Several times we have created a nee Mac User that has administrative permissions.

The issue I'm having is this is been going on since Jan 11.

My real questions is, Are there any Adobe supports outside the 1-800 #?

I'm loosing my mind tryinh to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My real questions is, Are there any Adobe supports outside the 1-800 #?

By @johnb33118660

You can try Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a Twitter account. @ Adobe Care (with no spaces).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for working with our support team, John.  I reviewed case ADB-22786237-C1V1, and the advice is to contact Apple support to verify file permissions are being appropriately assigned.  As I understand it, the Mac continues to encounter the error even while logged in as a Root User.

Your support case is still open, so please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if the installation process continues to be blocked.

I know this has been a frustrating situation, John.  I also know you have contacted us several times and had many conversations where our support team members.  I would offer additional advice, but I do have complete confidence that most solutions have been explored during your numerous interactions.

I can tell you that at its heart, Error 146 occurs because the installer is being blocked from moving critical files out of the temporary directory.  It is astounding that even a root User account encountered same permission failure, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even though I reset the permissions with Apple and uninstalled the Creative cloud; I still am receiving the 146 error message when downloading.

We added this in the terminal to reset permissions:
diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`

Is there someway I can get some help with this by Adobe?
I'm not a tech guy. I just want to use the service, and the 800# has been very unhelpful.

Are there any other professional adobe supports I can recieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, John.  We only have one support channel, and your active support case will be escalated again as needed.   I see that you have already updated your support case, and it is currently pending our response.

If the permission issue remains, you may want to think about backing up any critical files on the computer and formatting and reinstalling the operating system, John.  I have never heard of Error 146 being this persistent before. 

The only other suggestion I have is that you try the installation process on a different computer to verify that the local network itself is not somehow causing the error to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help with how to navigate the Adobe customer service.

I have an issue that's been outstanding since January 11. I keep being told that the issue has been escalated to get resolved.

However, I have a call scheduled for tonight, and no one has called me. If I called the 800 number, the customer service agent tells me they are unable to assist on this matter because it's been escalated.

What do I do!!
There must be some way to contact a person to get this resolved.

I'm truly at my wits end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second night in a row that I had a scheduled call but no on called.

I was sent a confirmation email and confirmed my phone number. 

What gives? What are my next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, were you able to try any of my previous suggestions?  Were you able to install the software on a different computer on the network successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have adobe running on my iMac with no issues.

Your support team is aware of this.

A call was scheduled for Monday night, then last night.
However, no one called. When I emailed I received no response.
When I called the 800# they just rescheduled the call with no explanations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation, John.  I have asked that a review of the support interaction be made to see if a final resolution can be offered. 

I encourage you to back up any critical files on the MacBook Air if there are no additional software troubleshooting steps to be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines