I have had yet unresolved issue updating or downloading my creative cloud to my Macbook Air.
This has been going on since 01/11/2022 with no end in sight.
Does anyone know a way to speak with someone other than the customer service hotline?
I'm at my wits end trying to get this issue resolved. I have been getting the run-around from the customer service team for over 7 weeks.
Copy link to clipboard
Care to share the details of the issue in these user-to-user forums in case someone can help you here?
We're not privy to Adobe case numbers here so any info you can share will help.
Operating system, error messages, which apps you're having difficulty with.
John, I am sorry that you continue to encounter Error 146. I am showing that case ADB-22786237-C1V1 is currently scheduled for a callback. You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to make any updates to the active support case. Please use this process to give any updated instructions about the currently requested callback.
I can confirm that you have encountered this error for a while; John, I see that the support case has been escalated twice.
Error 146 typically occurs because the downloaded installation files are being blocked from being moved. Additional information on the error can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html.
OK, you've told us it's a MacBook Air. People who can help still need to know the following:
Edited: The Adobe employee I was going to ask to look at this has already responded while I was typing.
1. Does your device meet the minimum CPU & GPU requirements to run Creative Cloud?
Most Creative Cloud apps work on:
2. Have you tried creating a new Mac user profile that has administrative permissions?
This Mac is running on macOS Monerey.
The adobe help team tried all the suggested solutions.
Several times we have created a nee Mac User that has administrative permissions.
The issue I'm having is this is been going on since Jan 11.
My real questions is, Are there any Adobe supports outside the 1-800 #?
I'm loosing my mind tryinh to get this resolved.
There is also a Twitter account. @ Adobe Care (with no spaces).
Thank you very much for working with our support team, John. I reviewed case ADB-22786237-C1V1, and the advice is to contact Apple support to verify file permissions are being appropriately assigned. As I understand it, the Mac continues to encounter the error even while logged in as a Root User.
Your support case is still open, so please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if the installation process continues to be blocked.
I know this has been a frustrating situation, John. I also know you have contacted us several times and had many conversations where our support team members. I would offer additional advice, but I do have complete confidence that most solutions have been explored during your numerous interactions.
I can tell you that at its heart, Error 146 occurs because the installer is being blocked from moving critical files out of the temporary directory. It is astounding that even a root User account encountered same permission failure, John.
Thank you for the update, John. We only have one support channel, and your active support case will be escalated again as needed. I see that you have already updated your support case, and it is currently pending our response.
If the permission issue remains, you may want to think about backing up any critical files on the computer and formatting and reinstalling the operating system, John. I have never heard of Error 146 being this persistent before.
The only other suggestion I have is that you try the installation process on a different computer to verify that the local network itself is not somehow causing the error to occur.
I really need help with how to navigate the Adobe customer service.
I have an issue that's been outstanding since January 11. I keep being told that the issue has been escalated to get resolved.
However, I have a call scheduled for tonight, and no one has called me. If I called the 800 number, the customer service agent tells me they are unable to assist on this matter because it's been escalated.
What do I do!!
There must be some way to contact a person to get this resolved.
I'm truly at my wits end.
This is the second night in a row that I had a scheduled call but no on called.
I was sent a confirmation email and confirmed my phone number.
What gives? What are my next steps?
John, were you able to try any of my previous suggestions? Were you able to install the software on a different computer on the network successfully?
Yes, I have adobe running on my iMac with no issues.
Thanks for the confirmation, John. I have asked that a review of the support interaction be made to see if a final resolution can be offered.
I encourage you to back up any critical files on the MacBook Air if there are no additional software troubleshooting steps to be implemented.