• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivating CS5 prompts "Please connect to the internet, then press continue"

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the steps provided and also the other similar posts with solutions, but it keeps doing the same thing. I have moved my license before & this time it did not work. Please help!

1. Test your connection to Adobe activation servers.
  2. Reset your hosts file.
  3. Make sure that you can access secure sites.
  4. Check the GlobalSign Root CA certificate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luis,

It appears that Adobe have removed/disabled the CS5 and CS5.5 activation servers. In effect they have left people like you and I high and dry. See my thread here for futher detail. https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-cs5-5-offline/m-p/10772380#M443684

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how scummy of the tech support not bringing this up earlier today. I was told to post here for answers. What kind of business practice is that? I appreciate your response. Thanks for clearing that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they did the same to me. Both chat and phone support said that they had no information on how to activate without a Request Code and when I pointed out to them that this is not how CS5.5 works, they basically said they could not help me and directed me here.

I'm willing to accept that Jeff, the Adobe guy who was responding to me here, did not know that the CS5 activation servers were shut down, but he could have followed up and figured that out from the information I provided. He also could have responded to my point about CS5.5 not generating request codes in the way that the current off-line activation site needs, but he didn't.

It does kinda feel like there's some sort of obfuscation going on about the shut-down of the CS5 activation servers as if Adobe don't want to say that's what they have done. When they did that to CS3 there was an outcry and they caved in and provided a way to download a new copy that did not need external activation - just new serial numbers. Given the current responses, it doesn't look like they intend on doing that for CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luis_222, sorry for any confusion, but the activation server for Creative Suite 5 and 5.5 is still active.  I reviewed case ADB-10215065-Z6G0 and there seems to be some confusion between registering the software and activating it.

You can find out information regarding the registration process at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html.  If the serial number is registered to another account, then it would have given you the error message that you quoted in case ADB-10215065-Z6G0.

Activation of Adobe software is a separate function and is discussed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html.  You can use the Help Menu, within any CS5, application to deactivate the current installation.

Luis_222 have you tried installing Creative Suite 5 on the new computer? Do you receive any errors when installing, licensing, and activating Creative Suite 5 on the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am having the same problem, and cannot deactivate CS5 from the help menu. I get 'Please connect thte the internet, then press Continue' I have followed all of the steps in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html to no avail. 

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to hear that, Jill.  Please exit the public discussion forums and contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that any errors you are facing with activation can be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, sorry for the late reply. Didn't see the response until now. Although I was never able to disable cs5 on my previous computer, I was able to install it from a backup of the cs5 install zip folder. I could not locate it on here under the older versions anymore so I am glad I had a backup. It took my serial number no problem. Thanks for checking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines