Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between LR + PS and PS plans

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an old user of LR-4.4 & PS-CS4 (windows desktop)... just looking to get back into things and realized that both of these tools seem to only be cloud-based now.

I have browsed through the cloud-based plans but am a bit confused by something. The LR + PS (incl 20GB cloud storage) is $9.99/month.  But the PS alone is $20.99/month.

This appears to be counter-inuative (how can PS alone cost more than 2x PS + LR?), so I figured that i must be missing something.  Could someone explain what the difference is hear that I am not seeing?

My main concern is that I have the full-featured PS & LR to use on my windows desktops. I don' really care about cloud storage as a have a multi-HDD array built into my PC system (so the 20GB would be more than adequate).

Is there some limitations in the features of PS when bundled with LR, compared to the PS alone subscription?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really cloud-based.  It's actually desktop software that is subscription-based.  You download and install the same as before but you pay for it annually or monthly -- depending on which plan you buy.

Photography Plan gives you the most bang for your buck.  You get Photoshop CC, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC + 20GB of optional cloud storage and other perks for only $10/month for 12 months. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be counter-inuative (how can PS alone cost more than 2x PS + LR?), so I figured that i must be missing something.  Could someone explain what the difference is hear that I am not seeing?

It's just a marketing ploy.  The PS you get is the same either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Could someone explain what the difference is hear that I am not seeing?

Adobe's explanation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/differences-photoshop-creative-cloud-photography.html

Previous discussion on this issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/what-is-the-difference-between-the-9-99-photography-plan-...

As Peru Bob stated, Photoshop is identical in each Plan. It's a matter of seeing if the minor differences in the Single App plan (primarily Cloud storage allowance) mean enough to you to justify spending twice the amount per month compared to the Photography Plan. For most people, the Photography Plan is a no brainer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, thanks to all for the information and links... very helpful!

Seems like the Photography Plan is indeed a no-brainer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This appears to be counter-intuitive (how can PS alone cost more than 2x PS + LR?), so I figured that i must be missing something.  Could someone explain what the difference is hear that I am not seeing?

In addition to more online/cloud storage, the single-app Photoshop plan also includes the Premium version of Adobe Fresco, which normally costs $9.99/mo. by itself.

The single-app plan can also be purchased month-to-month, whereas the Photography plans cannot.

This plan comparison table should make everything clearer.

Generally, most customers find one of the three Photography plans to be of better value – but it depends on your needs and which apps you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines