• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct Download of Production Premium CS6 (upgrade / Windows) still possible?

Participant ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

Can I download CS6 Prod Premium (upgrade / Windows) without using somebody's download manager?

I've seen links for the ProDesignTool site but has anyone used them recently? They appear outdated - or updated I should say since they take you to Adobe's CC pages.

So is there still a way to get CS6 Prod Prem upgrade without using Adobe's donwload manager?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

if you follow all 7 steps, you can dl a trial here:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a dl problem, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  typically, a failure to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you follow all 7 steps, you can dl a trial here:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a dl problem, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  typically, a failure to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks K -

I've seen this page a few times but I stop at Step 2 every time because - well, can this be right? It wants me to:

Download a free trial of Acrobat XI Pro

and at the bottom there's this:

After clicking "Download Now," you will be prompted to install the Adobe Download Assistant. Your trial download will begin automatically after you install the Download Assistant.

I thought the idea was to avoid the "Adobe Download Assistant."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, read step 3: Now close or cancel any windows (ie, the one offering the download assistant) that may pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, okay thanks.

Well hopefully I didn't mess it up already. What I did, I skipped those steps and just clicked the link for Prod Premium. Should I quit the download and follow the steps instead?

If it makes a difference I'm logged in right now - and I've had an Adobe ID for years.

Thanks again K I appreciate it!

[edit: sorry - I get it now. that cookie has to be enabled that's all. Not sure if I should quit the download or not - I've already got 1GB of the 5.8GB... Maybe since I was already logged into Adobe it will place the correct cookie? fingers crossing...]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're not downloading the akamai download manager.  that can happen if you don't follow the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya thanks, I canceled out of that and it looks like everything is going the way it should. I got one small (1MB) file and now I'm downloading the big 7z file (5.8GB).

one more question if you don't mind - Once it's downloaded I just go to Adobe's website, pay for it and then I can instasll and activate it right? There shouldn't be any problems  because I used a non-Adobe site to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because I used a non-Adobe site to download it.

You are actually downloading the files from adobe.com.

The pages on the prodesigntools site contain links pointing to specific locations on Adobe's server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, good then - thanks John I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're downloading a trial (as you now know, from adobe.com) which you can install and use for 30 days. 

if, and when you pay adobe, you will be given a serial number that you can use to activate your (already downloaded and already installed) trial to a full non-time-constrained version.  ie, you won't need to re-download nor re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks K - hopefully I've got everything I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloads of CS6 produts in the link that kglad had posted in 2013 doesn't work any more.

Adobe has removed older version from the public web sites.

You have to contact Adobe directly for a download link. Have your serial number and details of original purchase available. Make it clear that you doesn't need support for an older product but need a download link. Click the link below and scroll down the page to Individual “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with an Adobe agent.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kg lad the it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines