• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinue creative cloud subscription and continue to use adobe software

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the message that my system software is too old and when I search I see that I can't update it because my apple imac is from mid 2011 and I can't go beyond High Sierra 10.13.6.

I have a subscription to the creative cloud. When I say this stop I can still use my programs indesign, photoshop, illustrator and acrobat?
I understand that I will not receive any more updates or upgrades.

Who knows the answer to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you stop the subscription you will not be able to use these applications anymore. The applications work only till you pay your subscription. The subscription includes all the versions of the app that are available so you are free to update or not but not paying is not an option.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another option where I can buy or use the programs indesign, photoshop, illustrator and acrobat without a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Those programs are subscription only. If you stop paying the subscription, you will not be able to use the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no other option other than taking a subscription. Adobe has completely shutdown selling of perpetual licenses except for a couple of products like Photoshop Elements.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay too bad, so I have to keep paying for an outdated version forever. So apple and Adobe actually force me to buy a new computer, for which I don't have the money right now.
And now? So there really is no other option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to continue using the Adobe software, you have to keep paying the subscription. If you want to run the current versions, you need the current Apple OS. And the current Apple OS, according to you, won't run on your hardware because it isn't compatible with a 9-year-old computer.

Have you tried looking for a newer (not NEW, just newer) used/refurbished system that does have compatible hardware? Not an ideal solutions, but it could be a stopgap until you can afford a new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New software requires modern equipment and OS.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one. Keep in mind that Catalina alone requires 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of HD storage. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Old Creative Suite software is not legally sold by any vendor or retailer in any country.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar for Windows... Microsoft no longer supports Win7, so neither does Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines