• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disgusting customer service regarding cancellation!

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I tried to cancel both my CC and Stock subscriptions. I haven't used CC since I graduated and I haven't used Stock at all since the end of the trial, nor was I even aware that I was paying for it. I tried to live chat with customer services and now I'm seeing why there are so many posts on the forums regarding cancellations... because Adobe's customer service is appalling and useless.

All the rep did during my conversation was constantly try and offer payment breaks, all the way up to three months. Every time, I repeatedly stated that I wasn't interested and that I wanted both cancelled and a refund on the Stock subscription as I haven't used it. Then, the rep had the nerve to try and lodge a cancellation fee on me as I was cancelling early. I've had Adobe CC for over three years and I didn't even want Stock!! 

I have used CC for the three years I have been at University and now no longer need to use the software. As a recent graduate, I cannot afford to have over £50 a month coming out of my account for something I don't want. Yet, they are now trying to charge me to get out of it despite being with them for that long. Is there any way I can cancel and not get charged the cancellation fee outside of getting my bank to block the direct debits because preferably, I don't want to have to resort to that.

This has completely ruined my perception of Adobe and it's a shame that not only have such poor customer service, but they also resort to these tactics just to lock customers in.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

The subscription terms you agreed to when you joined are pretty clear.  Did you read them?

Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cancel yourself (but if you are breaking a one year contract there is an cancellation fee = 1/2 the remaining obligation on your contract), Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription terms you agreed to when you joined are pretty clear.  Did you read them?

Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you have fulfilled your one year or two year agreement and then they auto renew you after that, there should be no cancellation fees in my opinion.  Most companies will not charge you if you have fulfilled your initial obligation.  What I have found in these circumstances is just go to your bank and stop the charges from going through,  They may tell you that they will cancel or refund BUT most likely they won't and then you end up eating some of the charges so handle it at your bank and then send them an e-mail and advise what you have done to cancel any fees.  If they try to process a payment and are charged through their processor (I don't know how they are set up) then it's on them.  You have notified them and they can figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines