Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Reply Staff Members.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

there is no cs6 2017.

there is an older cs6 (that used serial numbers).

there is a current creative cloud 2017 that includes all version back to cs6 and up to cc 2017

creative cloud (cc) does not use a serial number and creative cloud subscribers to not have any serial numbers associated with their programs.  creative cloud subscribers use their adobe id to activate their programs.

download and install the creative cloud desktop app (after signing in with your adobe id - the same one you used to pay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no cs6 2017.

there is an older cs6 (that used serial numbers).

there is a current creative cloud 2017 that includes all version back to cs6 and up to cc 2017

creative cloud (cc) does not use a serial number and creative cloud subscribers to not have any serial numbers associated with their programs.  creative cloud subscribers use their adobe id to activate their programs.

download and install the creative cloud desktop app (after signing in with your adobe id - the same one you used to pay for your creative cloud subscription),  https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

open the desktop app (a  shortcut will be on your desktop) > click apps and then select the programs you want to install.

the desktop app gives you access to cs6, cc, cc 2014 and cc 2015 apps.  and probably more in the future.

if you already have the cc desktop app and you need to refresh your adobe id, sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to pay for your subscription:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  CC no longer includes CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob 

what do you mean?  (you can still use legacy versions with an active subscription, and prodesigntools.com pre 2020 cc downloads still work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a CC subscription, you no longer get CS6 for free.  You can install it, but you need a serial number to use it beyond the trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that.

what makes you think that's true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a link to it, but there was an announcement a while back saying that CS6 was no longer included with CC.  I'll try to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 **used to be** an extra that could be installed as part of the "previous version" process of a Cloud subscription

As of 5-8-19 CS6 is no longer included with a subscription, so the only way to install CS6 now is by previously having purchased the serial number version

from here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/installing-encore-with-cc-is-no-longer-avail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's from @John T Smith and is incorrect.

i just downloaded a cs6 app and started the install which gave me the option to use my subscription:

kglad_1-1694100434071.png

and after clicking verify on this screen

kglad_0-1694100405746.png

my subscription was verified and the installation was ready to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

I don't have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try the speedgrade install from prodesigntools.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I don't use Speedgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me either, but you can start the install.

what app did you start to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only CS6 app I might use would be Encore.

I'm not going to try to install any CS6 apps right now.

If you say CS6 apps can be installed and run, then I trust that you are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what app did you try that you didn't see the option to use your subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see no problem with encore cs6, either:

kglad_2-1694185107011.png

kglad_1-1694185092318.png

kglad_0-1694185074366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely and old install setup.

Encore will eventually ask for a serial number.

I am not going to try this as I already have Encore installed with a serial number from the Master Collection.

CS6 is definitely no longer part of the CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens 

i don't know what you mean by an old install setup, but i just downloaded the installation file(s) from prodesigntool.com. ie, there's nothing old/dated about the info i've posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesigntools is not Adobe. And again CS6 (Encore) is NO longer part of CC. One needs a serial number. End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens 

did you see my screenshots showing i was able to install encore cs6 without a serial number on 09/09/23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will likely revert to a trial 30 days after installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob 

that would be something i've never seen before.  it would require the help submenu in encore to change from this

kglad_0-1694269276316.png

but then my subscription has never lapsed and i would expect that submenu to change in that event, or maybe not.  actually, now that i think about it, that submenu isn't going to change.  if my subscription were to lapse, and i tried to open encore cs6 i would see a notice from the cc desktop app and not have access to the encore menu items.  now, if i were to uninstall the cc desktop app, i'm not sure what what would prompt the alert that i need to license encore, but i still suspect i wouldn't see the encore menu items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have Premiere Pro CS6 or Encore CS6 installed previous to this new installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i've never installed encore/premiere on any computer at any time prior to this test.  further, i have no serial numbers for any adobe apps (including premiere) other than various flash versions.

flash cs6 is the only adobe app i've had since it was released. i've installed it on several computers most recently (using my serial number) when i purchased my current win 10 computer ~5 years ago.  i recall a notification that its licensing had been subsumed under my cc subscription some years ago and it's continued to work without problem since installion, including after its license was subsumed by cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines