• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I have to buy new programs for MacBook?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 and Adobe Lightroom 6 softwares which I have used in “Windows” - computer”. I've been thinking about replacing my old computer to “Apple macbook”, but are those old programs working will in my possible new one “Apple macbook” -computer? Or do I have to buy new programs for MacBook?

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought the disc from Amazon you have both versions

If you bought via download you must buy again

OR ask in a Mac forum about emulation software to run a Windows program on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing for sure: you can't run any Windows apps on Mac. Not one. But sometimes you get a license to run EITHER app if you switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a Windows user, do you have a compelling reason for switching to Mac?  I ask because Mac often costs more and is not backwards compatible the way Windows is. 

Parallels has a new virtual machine that is macOS Monterey-ready but also works on Big Sur, from which you can run Win10.  NOTE: Parallels desktop for Mac is not freeware. It's 80 Euros/year.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines