• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't Meet System Requirements - Mac

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is there a way to download/access older versions of Premiere Pro? 
Online requirements state: "macOS Monterey (version 12) or later"
I am on a factory restored, RAM upgraded 2011 iMac:
OS Catalina 10.15.7
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Also tried installing FCP 7, but my computer is too ADVANCED for that.
Help!!
TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need the Adobe paid subscription to use prodesigntools link you shared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but you won't be able to use anything you download unless you have a license, subscription or trial and you'll need to be signed into adobe.com per the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific version I need that will match my computers specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you generally want the latest version compatible with your specs.  you can find that starting here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Creative Cloud the download with Premiere? Sorry, I am brand new to all of this. Used Final Cut pro only for many many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creative cloud is adobe's term for several different things.  but of particular interest to you, it's the name of adobe's suite of apps (eg, photoshop, lightroom, premiere pro, acrobat, animate, auditon etc) since adobe started it's subscription model. 

previous to the start of adobe subscriptions, adobe named its apps creative suite, creative suite 2, creative suite 3..., creative suite 6 (the perpetually licensed apps).  (and previous to creative suite is ancient history and irrelevent.)

so yes, there are creative cloud premiere versions. 

do you own any creative suite licenses?  do you have a current subscription?

if the answer is no to both, you cannot use any adobe software beyond the trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I didn't want to start a subscription if my computer couldn't support the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the older versions of adobe's subscription apps.  if you're unable to use the specs link i posted, and you want, i'll check the app versions you can use with catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be out of luck, a lot of the direct download links that are referenced on Prodesigntools are now gone.

And unless you are using OpenCore, Catalina can't be installed on a 2011 iMac. Those are limited to High Sierra. I DO NOT recommend using OpenCore because you run into problems like some hardware features not working and problems with updates.

At this point, especially for video editing, forget the old Intel machine. Sell it and buy an Apple Silicon computer (M1/M2/M3.) Those are all fully supported by Apple and Adobe and will run FCP and Premiere Pro nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure, I just did an update when the computer said there was one. What is an "an Apple Silicon computer (M1/M2/M3.) ?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check specs and try to download a compatible version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple started with processor chips from Motorola (back in the 1970's) then used processors from IBM, then Intel, and now they use their own designs. ALL of Apple's current models are Apple Silicon. They are collectively much faster than the older moidels, more power-efficient, run cooler, and are fully supported by Apple where the older computers are falling out of support.

Can you go to About This Mac in the Apple menu and post a screenshot for us?

https://www.apple.com/mac/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/116943

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I shared this above:

OS Catalina 10.15.7
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm trying to find out specifically which model you have. That graphics card shipped on 2011 models but they cannot run Catalina except with a third-party hack that will give you problems trying to run Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need the cereal number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG lol my phone auto corrected serial to cereal!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Breakfast! LOL. I was asking for a screenshot of About This Mac. Command-Shift-4 and drag to select the window. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines