• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download & Installation of Adobe CS5.5 (5GB)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, How long should download of 5GB zip file of Adobe CS5.5 take? It is taking 15-20 minutes for me? I thought it should only take a few minutes. Also the installation is taking longer than I thought it is been about 5-6 minutes that it is preparing file (36% only). The reason I am asking is because I bought my computer recently and I want to know whether my machine is having issue or this is notmal? My interent speed is good. 82 Mbps download speed and about 10 Mbps upload. Other machines in our home work just fine. Is the speed normal with downloading/installing Adobe Suite?

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can test your download speeds using any number of websites dedicated to measuring just that.

as for install, a number of factors play a role.  if the install hangs, restart your computer and retry installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, that isn't unusual for CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet speeds are not as simple as speed / size = time. It's like driving on a highway. The more lanes that are available and the lower the traffic is the faster you could theoretically move, but with congestion and other factors you may not attain full speeds. Also a 4G wireless service can also reach 100mbps download so in the grand scheme it's not super fast so 15-20 minutes is not a bad time at your speeds.

Also the installation won't have anything to do with the internet speed as that is dependent on your computer specs as once the file is downloaded your machine is what's doing the installation. The faster your processor and more memory your system has, the faster your machine can process the installation. The same will be true for running your applications that the more powerful the computer the faster the applications will respond and perform tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured my laptop had a problem. The windows stopped working altogether. I am replacing it, hoping the next one be fine. It is a Envy HP, core i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB memory, dedicated graphics Nvidia. The specs are good. It should have been a fast machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ram is low on the low, but for cs5.5 it's probably ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines