• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloading older versions of after effects! HELP

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i really want to download ae cc 2017 but i cant find any way to do it! theres no show previous app buttons and etc and im in need of great help!! tell me how to download older versions of after effects here, or on my instagram [Personal information removed by moderator.]HELP ME OUT THANKS XXXX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

In CreativeCloud, Under installation/Open options, choose "Other Versions", then just pick the one you want.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.09.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.10.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Reinstalling previous versions of applications is slightly different now: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Keep in mind that only the current version and the previous versions are available. Versions more than 2 versions back are simply not available. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  did try already this for a download of Free After Effects | Download Adobe After Effects CC full version

which you later can change from a trial to a "real" Version.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... what concerns "how to download older versions of after effects" here CS6 e.g. so you could have a look at

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and/or

Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

Please try out the possibilities.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CreativeCloud, Under installation/Open options, choose "Other Versions", then just pick the one you want.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.09.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.10.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KoMaruyama, thanks for reminding! Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that's probably worth mentioning:  I've noticed that if you have older versions of AE installed under macOS 10.12 Sierra and 10.13 High Sierra before you updated the OS that they still launch as expected (so, AE CS6 and AE CC specifically); however, at least on three of my machines I have found that CS6 and CC reinstall as expected but fail to launch with an error about being incompatible with the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.0.1 is not on the list anymore, and we desperately need it. Any advice for how we might find version 15.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like only the final release (e.g. 15.1.2) is available once a new release comes out. We are waiting on confirmation that this true, and that 15.0.1 is no longer available.

My fall back for a few situations like this is to find an previous system backup that had the desired version still installed.

I am now systematically, making system images for just this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the direct download link.

Several website host them, but here's ProDesign Tools:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

The Mac direct download for After Effects on the site installed AE 15.0.0.   The Windows installer is probably the same version.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.34.13 PM.png

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling previous versions of applications is slightly different now: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Keep in mind that only the current version and the previous versions are available. Versions more than 2 versions back are simply not available. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's an interesting way to support customers where the AE 2021 version plus macbook Pro is simply UNUSABLE due to stuttering motion issues.

The thread indicates that AE 2019 isn't a problem.  But I cannot get the DMG for 2019 from Adobe.

You MUST make the older versions work if the newer version are failures.  I don;t understand why Adobe are like the way they are.  It's just a list of older dmgs.  Surely it's not too hard to just stick them on your server somewhere????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this - I'm just reticent to d/l from 'The Internet' after years as a windows user!

In the end I copied the whole app folder from my imac and transferred over to my macbook.  QUIte surprised it worked tbh, without an 'install' action.  So all good - now have AE 2019 on my macbook.

Thanks for response, tho - appreciate it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! Im trying to download older versions of AE for my notebook doesnt have Win 10. This dropdown windows doesnt appears for me. I dont know why 😞 

gabeatriz_0-1589595411156.png

"Ouras versões" = "Other versions"

But there are no other versions for me below. Can someone help me? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the new solution for this? Its not available anymore... please help, the new version crashes after 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines