How to get installers for an older version of After Effects.
previous versions are still available.
I needed the 2021 version of after effect today. spent 5 hours with adobe help today (on Twitter because they scrapped their agent chat system to get more money into the pockets of the shareholders). You can only install the past 2 versions 2022 and 2023. When i asked if they had an installer, Adobe, the makers of the software just shrugged and said 'we don't have it'.
try another agent. (and chat still works.)
I don't know how you concluded that the chat system was scrapped, it's very much up and running. Now regarding the installer for older verions, Adobe support is only your hope and since we have public download links for version prior to 2020 still working I don't buy that they don't have a link for 2021 to share. I think as @kglad mentioned you got connected to a wrong person who just didn't know or did not want to help. So try again and if denied ask to be connected to the supervisior.
To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.
P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
Isn't there a link where you can download the older versions? I need AE 2022, it doesn noct wirk with the Creative Cloud, as I could not install the axctual version.
1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).
2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.
3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html
follow the directions (esp, step 1)
save the install file. it may not remain online.
thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.
p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,
Thanks, I choose the 2019 download, did not get a help full support from Adobe. But the 2019 version works fine.
glad to hear you got a version thar works for you