• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Early termination fee - refund possible?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

On the 21 of september my annual subscription of Adobe CC (student) was renewed. Because my credit card had expired I was not able to see the button to cancel the plan, as I intended to. Three days later I understood that this was the problem, I updated my card details and discontinued the plan. I then was bound to pay for another month but also for an early termination fee of 1623.60 SEK.

I did not intend to continue for another year and wonder if it is possible for me to get a full refund.

Kindest regards,

Erik Hulteen

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

It is your responsibility to cancel per the subscription terms, so your only real hope is to contact Adobe Support and plead your case hoping they will let you off the hook.

Contact Support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it continues to fail try using a different browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_stillNeedHel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is your responsibility to cancel per the subscription terms, so your only real hope is to contact Adobe Support and plead your case hoping they will let you off the hook.

Contact Support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it continues to fail try using a different browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeilding such money from student is abselutely trap. the student will learn the skill and use adobe product in futher life. but such trap, especially from the student who ignores the email intimation or miss the train by not cancelling the subscription --it should not be an opportunity for large company like adobe.

thy grab almost 350 euro as lifetime from a student , who would never use again with such bad experience.

what if they just allowed to cancle at any point as they are anyway taking premium on monthly subscription, they they should not have early termination fee..instead they need to look and understand that why someone cancelling it.

very sad experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! Subscription model is actually based on one fact - pay for what you use. 

Early termination fees generally apply where you lock resources that cannot be released. Can someone from adobe explain why there's an early termination fee here? what resources do we use that cannot be released?

If anything, be my guest and remove those resources. 

And please don't tell us it's as per the terms. We are questioning the moral grounds and financial criteria around this, not law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum with mostly other users, not Adobe support... The few employees who do read here do NOT make policy

The simple fact is that you agree to the subscription terms when you 'click to agree' while buying a subscription... if you do not like the contract, don't buy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines