• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education discount

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I took advantage of the education discount for Creative Cloud as a teacher which was amazing for the first year, however, this changed significantly afterwards.

Year 1 was $149AUD, year 2 was about $370AUD and this year approx $570AUD!

I'm not even going to begin to tell you about the frustrations of actually being able to contact someone at adobe over the phone from New Zealand, shambolic and frustrating is an understatement.

The 'chat' manager who I chatted with (after 4 raised cases and total frustration I could not discuss this on the phone) told me that it is quite normal to expect a 10-15% increase in subscription yearly, now I don't teach maths but this is more like a 50% hike yearly!

Come on adobe, I could be opening the door to 100's of potential new customers for you who will later be subscribers but after downgrading to just the Photography package as this is all I can afford (paying standard rate I might add) I will be looking for alternatives next year.

So my question is, when are you going to give teachers a sensible ongoing discount? And if not, I think I will be promoting others to find alternatives that will squeeze your future pipelines.

Love the products but this is nothing short of greed, alternatives are out there and will be utilised by many if this keeps up.

Not sure if anyone at adobe will even read this but tried every other adobe channel to no avail.....let's see....

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Hi James,

We understand it's inconvenient, however, while you sign up for a plan it is mentioned that discount is only for 1st year.

Please see:

You may also see: Why did my membership price change?

Feel free to update for any more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you buy an Education subscription, the terms you "click to agree" should be clear about the first/later years

-One Year Intro Price https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2270867 explains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please point out the where it mentions it will double year on year?

The point I am making here is that the price can be hiked knowing that you now use all of their software, it's a monopoly.

And why hasn't all this extra subscription money gone into customer service? Do you live in New Zealand? Have you tried to make contact over the phone?

Thank you for you insightful feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James,

We understand it's inconvenient, however, while you sign up for a plan it is mentioned that discount is only for 1st year.

Please see:

You may also see: Why did my membership price change?

Feel free to update for any more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines