• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 12 on new computer.

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new computer everything worked fine (including Photoshop elements) until I got the message "activate windows". Since I did that I can't access elements no more. Strange. In ADOBE I found "download non-subscription app for new computer" with a exe download file for my registered version. When I click the downloaded file I get the message "the archiving part for Adobe photoshop elements 12 is missing". Before unpacking I should "first download the files for my operating system" ??? Any tips? In what directory should I copy the new downloaded exe file? (I tried to copy into the directory to wich my shortcut refers to). Does not work.

Question 2: in case i'd buy the newest edition (P El 2022) is it a good idea to uninstall everything of the old version?              Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question 2: in case i'd buy the newest edition (P El 2022) is it a good idea to uninstall everything of the old version?              Many thanks

By @pauls53310855

If you don't get the old version working, yes.

Use the Cleaner Tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help. After mailing with somebody from Adobe, I learned that PSE12 is no longer supported.

For pse 2022 WIN11 is required, so I bought pse 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For pse 2022 WIN11 is required

By @pauls53310855

Microsoft Windows 10 version 2004 or later (version 21H1 recommended); Microsoft Windows 11 (version 21H2):

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 12 version released approx 8 years ago and not compatible with newer operating systems. 

I think you're at the point that you have to buy a newer version.

I would try to install the new version first. So you had a change that the new version will find your old settings and libraries and will try to convert them.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines