Error 201

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was installing Creative Cloud in order to use Adobe Premiere Trial when code error 201 showed up. What can I do?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014
Qwertjohnson did you pause the download or face stability difficulties with your Internet connection?  Error 201 indicates that the download of the installation files was unable to be resumed successfully.  I would recommend utilizing a different Internet connection.  If you are connected via WiFi try a wired connection.  If you are connected via a wired connection then please try a different cable.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can,t install Adobe creative cloud. The download start and than comes error failcode 201 and sometimes failcode 204 What i can do now i need Photoshop / Premiere pro and After effects please help me!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I posted earlier in this thread and it looks like it worked for others. This is what Adobe had me do to fix it.

Reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud/Desktop App  - fixed error 43 and 201 issue

1. Open Activity monitor and quit all the Adobe processes in order :   Creative Cloud, Adobe Desktop Service, Adobe CEF Helper, CCLibrary, Core Sync, Adobe Installer, Adobe IPC Broker.

2. open Finder ,click  Go >> Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe and click on Go

3. Delete AAMUpdater and OOBE folder

4. open Finder ,click  Go >> Go to Folder and type /Library/Application Support/Adobe and click on Go

5. Delete AAMUpdater , Adobe Application Manager and OOBE folder

6. run CC Cleaner tool and remove Adobe Application Manager AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

7. Click here to download Adobe Application Manager

8. Once you install Adobe Application manager, open Finder ,click  Go >> Utilities

9. Open Adobe Application Manager >> Core >> Adobe Application Manager

10. Once the update is done, you will get the sign in page for CC Desktop app

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU to jbcul and jamesn12375520 for solving my Mac/Yosemite/CC2015 errors 201 and 123. All your hours of work have saved me many; I greatly appreciate it!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue with Windows 10, and it was due to an antimalware program that I didn't realize was there (it must have come along with something else). I knew I had Norton running, but disabling it didn't solve my issue. I kept getting error code 201.

I looked into the background processes running, and saw "ByteFence". I simply ended that process and I could download and install creative cloud with no issues. After a little research I went back and removed that program.

Here's how to see your background processes on Windows 10, in case you do not already know:

-Press ctrl + alt + delete

-Click on "Task Manager"

-If you see "More Details" at the bottom of the window, click it

-You should now see "Background Processes" listed toward the bottom of the window.

Look through the list for anything suspicious. Do your research before removing or disabling anything here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!! this worked for me after hours of strugling.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find this helpful

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything that is said here even spent 3h with Adobe's technical service and still not working. Called my internet provider and they said it's not a connection problem. So I'm lost here. My OS is up to date. I'm totally desperate. The guy at Adobe told me to call back on a week day since on week-ends it's the CS team who's there and the CC team is there on week days. I've job to do on the week-end and I can't. This totally sucks.

Sometime it stops at 2%, sometimes at 9 or 11%. once it got to 39% before stopping. but most of the time it stops at 2%.

Could it be that my IP address is blocked for some reasons by Adobe's servers?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, when I plugged my computer directly into my modem with an ethernet wire, it worked perfectly. So I did the updates. But now that I'im back on my wifi network, the problem is still there. Does that mean my IP has a problem on Adobe's servers?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a background process "ByteFence" (malware software that comes with Windows 10 I think) was preventing the download.  I disabled it using the task manager, together with my AVG firewall, and voila, the download works.  Many thanks to the user who brought up the ByteFence issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me as well? I have tried everything recommended on the forums and on the official troubleshooting page.I have even switched from wired and wireless (never both at the same time) and I continue to get error 201. My internet works just fine with everything else, but I cannot get passed 2% of the Creative Cloud Download. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I was able to work around this problem was to plug my computer directly into the modem and not use the router. It works every time for me now. Even through my router, it started to work again but not every time. When it works, it's way slower too when using the router.

Before blaming my router, I may add that when downloading on other servers or torrents, I always get my max speed. So my problem is only when connecting to Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davids52636861 if bypassing your router is resolving the error then I would recommend reviewing the settings on the router.  You might even consider saving, taking a screen shot, of the current settings and reverting to factory defaults to see if you continue to receive the error.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did on numerous occasion. Still got this problem once in a while though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using port forwarding or the router as a proxy server?  Any of these type of settings might affect the connection.

What if you put the computer's IP address on the DMZ do you still receive the same errors?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem with my mac.

Trying to install Lightroom and the error p201 pops all the time.

The same error pops when i try to install the cloud.

I bought yesterday online all the kit to work properly.

What i did until now :

- Reboot my hardrive for a fresh restart

- Use the cloud cleaner

- Safe mode

I have a really good wifi connexion.

I really tried everything !

Thanks in advance,

Johanna.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If u don't have wired connection ort then what should we do

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a problem with the network you are currently connected to. I was also experiencing the same problem when i connected to my college wifi. So i used a VPN service. Psiphon would be great. Install it and then use any network. you will no longer experience such errors anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, May I shared experience of this problem

I got the same problem with this error 201 also and I tried every Troubleshoot solution on the Adobe website.
Until I have to directly contact to Team Chat and Remote Access to my computer. He still did the same things as I did before
but he shown me the real cause of problem that is from Anti-Virus, in my case is AVAST.

I tried to turn of every firewall, Anti Virus, Malware Block but it's not work that mean sometimes turn off is not enough.
In this case, I have to uninstall Avast off and...
Bingo!! It's work.

So, in my opinion we never know which session of Anti-Virus function insert to our computer.
That's why turn it off is not enough. Just uninstall > Solve the problem > Update and re-install Anti Virus

Hope it can tiny help and I apologize if I said somethings wrong from my poor english.
Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines