Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 206 on a completely new PC

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I purchased a new Asus Zephyrus G15 with Windows 10. Completely new, Adobe was never installed on this machine.
After downloading the Adobe Creative Cloud installer and running it, I am only getting the Error 206 saying that it is unable to reach Adobe servers. I tried everything I could find on Adobe's forums, disabled my firewall and antivirus software, checked my host file, etc.

I tried following all steps here or at least the ones I could since Adobe was never before installed here.
Tried this cleaner tool, without success.
Also downloaded this alternative installer, but I keep getting the same error.

I must say that I had this issue last year on my old laptop as well. Even after reinstalling Windows, the problem was there, but then suddenly the problem disappeared and the installer started working.
This is kind of frustrating, we expect a more pain-free experience from Adobe.

What solutions are left that I could try to fix this issue?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Nikola, I am sorry you continue to encounter error 206 while attempting to download and install Adobe applications.  Error 206 occurs because the connection to the server was dropped or blocked.  You already mentioned you encountered the same error on another computer; this indicates the problem is with the network configuration.  Please check the router and modem settings to verify no updates are available, and it is using the manufacturer's recommended settings.

For more information on Err

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikola, I am sorry you continue to encounter error 206 while attempting to download and install Adobe applications.  Error 206 occurs because the connection to the server was dropped or blocked.  You already mentioned you encountered the same error on another computer; this indicates the problem is with the network configuration.  Please check the router and modem settings to verify no updates are available, and it is using the manufacturer's recommended settings.

For more information on Error 206, see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error206.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff for the response. I have never changed any settings in my router so I assume the settings are already set to the manufacturer's recommended settings.
Is it possible to download an offline version of the Adobe CC installer (that doesn't require an internet connection)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikola, if you have never checked the router settings, then you should do so.

While you can begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to request a copy of the installation files, Nikola, you will continue to encounter problems when the next update is made available.

If you are unfamiliar with configuring a router, I recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but Adobe CC works on my old laptop. Yes, I had issues with the installation process at first, but after it somehow solved itself, it works fine now. It also works on my cell phone.
I turned my phone into a hotspot (sharing my mobile phone's internet), connected my new laptop to this network and tried to run the installer. The same problem is still there so I now doubt that the router is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is excellent news, Nikola.  Glad it worked on your old laptop.  If you are out of ideas of what is blocking the download, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.  Hopefully, whatever is blocking the download won't prevent you from starting a secure chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines