• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 5 InDesign CS 5

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install a copy of  inDesign CS5 but every time it finishes installing it says there is an error code 5 and i need to uninstall and reinstall the product.

I apent 3 hours on Adobe chat last night trying to resolve it with no luck and they directed me back here!  So i hope someone can help. When I try to uninstall it, that won't work either.  I tried useing Adobe Cleaner tool, but it didn't do a very good job, so i manually deleted some of the files that i found left over, then reinstalled InDesign. Still Error 5.

When I install, a message appears that the program detected the computer needed to restart, bu tsince i'd already restarted it, i ignored that and carried on with the installation.

I have reinstalled and repaired the Microsoft Visual CC files and restarted my computer. Still no joy.

Help! 

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Error code 5 is not listed under Adobe's error codes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Install_Error_codes_CC.html

The only reference to Error code 5 in InDesign I could find says the file is damaged.  So I don't know what to suggest.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it's windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a Windows Error 5, which means "access denied". Make sure that any directories that need to be written are writeable (by examination of Windows permissions, and prediction since of course it is the directories NOT written that are the problem). Be very careful not to leave your system broken, start with a full backup.

It's also possible that the CS5 installer writes a log with more info. Getting antique software running is certainly an adventure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is outside my knowledge zone. Is it possible for a beginner to look at the Directories in an easy way?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to the above, you should install with compatibility mode (eg, xp sp2) and admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, this is not a task for anyone.  to start, you're trying to get something cs5) to work with something else (current os'es) with which it was never intended.  in addition to the installation hurdle, there are other hurdles to overcome (eg, activation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines