• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error- Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing the Creative Cloud desktop app you might get this error - 

'Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged'

See this link below and follow the steps to resolve the error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

If you still face problems, post in our community or contact support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 113 Replies 113
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Mac running OS X 10.14.2 and was hoping to find the solution here because I'm sick and tired of seeing that stupid error message and having to spend hours of research to try and figure out how to make it stop.  But yet again we get some Adobe employee blaming other software and then disappearing like a    without providing a single viable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seahawksean80, what solution in this public forum discussion is allowing you to consistently resolve the damage to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?  If the steps suggested by Brucgov in post #1 do not address the error, then please see Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged for steps to fix the error and utilize the Creative Cloud desktop app.

I look forward to your update on which solution allows your continued use of the Creative Cloud desktop app.  If you can also indicate how often the error occurs and on which operating system, it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've tried all the suggested "solutions" Adobe has provided.  Uninstalled Creative Cloud, shut down computer, ran the Cleaner Tool, shut down the computer, reinstalled Creative cloud, shut down.  Powered on the computer again, open Illustrator (or any other CC app) and boom, same damn error message.  There has to be one or two specific files on Macs that must get corrupted that Adobe should be aware of and know how to instruct paying customers to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seahawksean80, the only element that seems to often be skipped is locating and renaming the OOBE folder within the Root library folder as discussed in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged .

It is still unusual for the files in this folder to be corrupted, so any additional details of what is installed on the computer that may be affecting the installed files would be appreciated Seahawksean80.

I would also recommend working directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care if you have not already done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi seahawksean80,

The CC Cleaner tool is a good suggestion. The CC Cleaner tool may not work for this issue. It is the first thing I tried when I was first troubleshooting this issue on my machine. It didn't work for me, though ( you can see what worked for me below).

First, let me say DO NOT DELETE ALL OF YOUR ADOBE APPS. Read ahead first as what I did may work for you as well.

I started to get the same error recently (maybe after upgrading Photoshop to latest version (21.2)??). I tried to 'Repair' numerous times to no avail. Then I tried the Adobe steps

Solution 1: Repair Creative Cloud desktop app

Result: kept getting the error on restart

Solution 2: Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then reinstall it

Result: was able to delete and reinstall first time. Still same error. Unable to delete any additional times with the message "there are other Adobe application that require CC" (or something to that effect).

Solution 3: Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Result: again, able to clean once then not again.

Solution 4: Reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app using an administrator account

Result: SAME RESULT AS SOLUTION 2 ABOVE

This DID NOT work for me 😞

Don't dispair, though...

The next thing I tried was to 'Clean' all of the installed adobe apps which, as I understand, would delete ALL of my installed Adobe apps. Fortunately, the process hung (spinning beach ball) and I force quit and restarted before making a BIG MISTAKE.

This is what worked for me:

1. Delete the items in the main Library/Caches folder (main hard drive->Library/Caches, then select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them - You will need to enter your admin Username and Password) DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH
  2. Delete your User/Library/Caches folder (go to the the 'GO' menu in the Finder, hold down the Alt/Option key and click on 'Library'; then select the Caches folder, select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them.) DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH
  3. While in this Library folder go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe and move the OOBE folder to the trash - DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH
  4. Go to the Apple Menu in the Finder and choose 'Shut Down...' (DO NOT CHOOSE 'RESTART...' MUST BE A HARD SHUT DOWN)
  5. Before you start up the system again, hold down the  Option+Command+P+R keys on the keyboard and press the power button. KEEP HOLDING THE KEYS UNTIL YOU SEE THE SCREEN GO BLANK AGAIN AND THEN RELEASE (this is on a newer iMac (2017) and MacOS Mojave that no longer has the startup chime. If using an older Mac/MacOS, hold down the keys until you hear the third chime.) This will reset your PRAM (which Apple says is not necessary in Mojave and above (maybe since High Sierra))
  6. Empty the trash
  7. Restart your system (go to the Apple Menu and choose 'Restart...')
  8. When you login, launch Creative Cloud, It took a moment for Creative Cloud to load completely (spinning red circle), but all should work fine (it did for me).

This worked! Yay! (Thank you 'School House Rock' for the Interjections!) 🙂

But...

When I logged into another user on the same system (my testing user), the same 'Repair' issue popped up. What I did to fix that user was complete steps 2 - 8 above FOR THAT USER and everything worked fine. I would think the same would work/be necessary for any other users you have on your system.

It is of import to note that I am writing this immediately following the 'fix.' I will let you know if the error rears its ugly head again and will start troubleshooting again.

Also, the same fix may work on Windows machines. I don't know where the Caches folder is (mabe 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\' - To clear them, you can press Windows + R to open Run window, input %temp% and click OK to open the Temp folders), or the OOBE folder (maybe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\'). You may need to search the web to find the location of both.

**IMPORTANT**

Since I am not a windows user:

** I CAN MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS IS THE CORRECT SOLUTION AND YOU TAKE THESE STEPS ON A WINDOWS MACHINE AT YOUR OWN RISK **

I would suggest to move the files in the Caches and OOBE folders to a temporary folder on the desktop instead of deleting them just in case you need them.

I hope this helps some of you (and me too). So far, so good for me.

Happy hunting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time to start thinking about other design programs to work with since Adobe apparently doesn't give a shit about their customers who pay their bills.  So, as a service to the community of designers who can't get any work done with Adobe products, here's a link alternative programs

Top 8 Alternatives to Adobe Illustrator - The US Spreadshirt Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a similar issue and have been working with the Adobe Development Team for the past 3 months on a solution. We have pinpointed the underlying issue due to UAC (User Access Control) settings deployed via our enterprise Group Policy as part of device hardening and security best practices. Their development team has been able to reproduce the issue in their lab and are actively working on a solution. I have been receiving private builds of the offending DLL from them and are testing it.

In the mean time, we have temporarily resolved this by reverting those users UAC settings to the default Windows settings which has resolved the issue for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be I'm facing the same issue. Would be interesting what kind of solution the development team are working on. This problem started with the new version of the Creative Cloud Desktop app on Windows. I have never had any problems before, and my IT-team have not changed anything in the UAC-policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable to install/repair CC app, as well as uninstall it. Keep getting errors 42 and 72.

Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool solved the problem for me.

I used option 6 to remove CC app only, restarted computer and install CC app without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner won't even opening for me. I'm so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same s***. All listed solutions useless for my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem running Mac OS 10.15.3. I had Adobe suppor removing the old one and installing fresh copy of the app manager. However after a day this message started poping up again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. Followed the kb article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

It worked for few minutes, then error comes out again. Only when using Premier Rush. Photoshop, Acrobat Pro is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines