• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error- Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing the Creative Cloud desktop app you might get this error - 

'Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged'

See this link below and follow the steps to resolve the error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

If you still face problems, post in our community or contact support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 113 Replies 113
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i just bought a subscription to adobe creative cloud student edition and i just finished installing Adobe Premire Pro CC and whenever i launch it it pops up a window that say's

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager

So when i try installing a new verions of adobe application manager it says Updating Adobe Application Manger and i say yes to giving it acsess of course then it finishing loading and then it just closes and nothing happening i can't find anywhere to open up adobe application manager so i try opening up premiere pro again it give's me the same error again.

So any suggestions or solutions would be Helpful

Keep in mind im using pc not mac thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoProJacob98,

Please download CC desktop from the given link: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and try to activate the software.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have that installed how do i activate the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoProJacob98,

The error message that you are getting usually comes only when the application manager folder is damaged or corrupt. So I would recommed you to follow the mentioned steps to rebuilt the AAM folder.

Windows: Navigate to C/Program Files(X86)/Common FIles/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old if present

Mac: Libray/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old

Download CC desktop from the given link: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud . Launch Premiere Pro CC and it will give you the option to activate.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the folder and it still is giving me that error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After renaming the folder please download/install CC desktop from the given link so that a new AAM folder gets created: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should i uninstall the current cc or just close it and try to reinstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just close and try installing.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i tryed isntalling it and checked to see if it created a new oobe folder it did. And so i launched it again with the shortcut and it still is giving me the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the given steps:

1. Uninstall CC desktop

2. Run the cleaner tool to remove any instances of AAM: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

3. Disable UAC: http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

4. Delete OOBE from the same location.

5. Restart your machine and try installing CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

6. If the error still persists then try to enable hidden admin: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist... and try installing CC Desktop again.

If still the same issue then I would recommed you to contact our chat support http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but with a Mac running Yosemite. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grantf14725806Community Member

I'm having the same problem but with a Mac running Yosemite. Any thoughts?

same is here ,please I need help asap I have many projects that I must to submit this week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the problem keeps happening again and again and again every time I turn on my computer and launch any software? I wouldn't like to keep on reinstalling the product every time I want to use a software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

This is a long thread so just want to be clear: What exact problem is happening? What error or message?

Also, what version of the Adobe apps are you using?

Finally, what operating system are you using?

This may also help:

Troubleshoot Adobe Application Manager download and installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows: Navigate to C/Program Files(X86)/Common FIles/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old if present

Mac: Libray/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old

Download CC desktop from the given link: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud . Launch Premiere Pro CC and it will give you the option to activate

If in case you are not able to launch creative cloud desktop App.

then go for clean uninstallation of desktop app http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

from this location.

then follow the same steps to download the  adobe CC desktop app from download centre from creative.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
Fixed everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pc is not having the folder named OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Cleaner Tool:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

...and then reboot your system (don't skip this), and use brucgovn's links given above, if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac :

1) Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

2)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems/_jc...

3)

Click on the below link and download and install Adobe Application Manager. [Updated to most recent version: AAM 10]

Adobe Application Manager : For Windows

Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh

Once the installation is completed , the install box will disappear, '

Then open Applications folder and locate Adobe Application Manager icon and double click on it.

It will start update process and gets update to Creative Cloud desktop app.

Then Sign in to Creative Cloud.

And launch CC apps and check.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just figured this out on my mac on my own before you posted this! Deleting any adobe creative cloud folders I could find (that the cleaner didn't delete), did the trick. CC is installed and working.

Thankyou for sharing the details with everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines